Mattel has unveiled some new additions to their DC Multiverse display at San Diego Comic-Con 2019. These include a new Alfred Pennyworth, with swappable heads from different eras of the comics and live action portrayals. Check out the full updated photo gallery after the jump.
Hasbro has dropped in a few additional Marvel Legends 6″ Figures to their display at San Diego Comic-Con 2019. New figures include Cosmic Ghost Rider, and Squirrel Girl. check them out after the jump.
Our own Tony Bacala attended a DC Comics interview session at San Diego Comic-Con 2019. There he got a chance to talk toys and collectibles a bit with Jim Fletcher from DC Collectibles, who is a designer on lines like DC Bombshells, and the DC Core statues. They were also joined by Spawn creator Todd McFarlane of McFarlane Toys. DC action figure fans have been eagerly anticipating what McFarlane Toys will do with the DC Comics license, and have also been wondering what the future holds for DC Collectibles. Below, I’ve summarized what was talked about. There’s some great info from DC Collectibles, where Jim Fletcher clears up a lot of misinformation out there pertaining to some of the action figure lines.
- All current lines are continuing for now. Specifically mentioned Essentials, Batman Animated Series, all current statue lines.
- DC Essentials is NOT cancelled (contrary to reports). On a bit of a hiatus after the next wave. Was originally planned to be a limited line, but sold better than expected, so they are now working to continue and have characters in development.
- Batman Animated Figures will see some reissues of the older figures to get those in the hands of people just coming into the line, but a lot of new additions are planned.
- Working with Paul Dini to re-write bios for the Batman Animated Figures, as if the show had continued going.
- Going to eventually shift Animated series to mostly characters who never appeared in the show (like Deathstroke), which is why they say “The Adventure Continues”.
- Asked if they plan to do more of the super articulated DC Prime 9″ Tall Figure (like Batman). They would love to, but want to see how well Batman sells. They do have designs ready if they do continue.
- Specifically mentions the DC Lucha Explosiva line is NOT cancelled. It is being retooled to be more extensive, with story, bringing in more artists for updating the character designs.
- For the most part, he couldn’t say much due to current licensees still having product out, and coming for 2019.
- McFarlane Toys has a 3-year contract for figures.
- Todd himself wants to make sure they do as loyal and good a job as possible. Want them to be as accurate to source material (and the artists) as they can be. Wants to make sure they are amazingly detailed figures.
- Does want to a bit of his own spin, if allowed by DC Comics/WB. But wants to build up trust with them first.
While we tend to only post our own coverage from events like this, I think fans are going to dig some of the info shared here. At San Diego Comic-Con 2019, it was strongly hinted we may see Thundercats sooner, rather than later, from Super7. In a great interview by Pixel Dan with Brian Flynn from Super7, a surprising bit of info was shared. When asked what new products may be coming, Brian Flynn asked if he meant “some Cats” that they thought they were going to be able to talk about and display at San Diego Comic-Con 2019. The info comes in around the 9 minute, 30 seconds mark. While no means a 100% confirmation, this is the closest we’ve gotten in a long time to positive news for the oft neglected toy line.
There’s a lot of good info in general worth checking out in the video below. They talk ReAction, plans for Masters of the Universe, and more.
The Alien 40th Anniversary Ultimate Big Chap Alien made its debut at NECA’s San Diego Comic-Con 2019 display. The figure features a new sculpt with updated articulation. Official images and info has been posted by NECA. The figure will be released in November. See details below, and the new photos after the jump.
Celebrate the 40th anniversary of the original 1979 movie that shocked audiences and jump-started a legendary film franchise!
We’ve given a deluxe upgrade to the Xenomorph known to fans as “Big Chap,” with an all-new sculpt standing over 9” tall. It has a hinged jaw that opens, revealing an inner mouth that extends for realistic movie action. It has over 30 points of articulation, including double knee joints and a bendable tail, and extra attention has been paid to all the eerie details that made H.R. Giger’s designs for Alien so mesmerizing.
Also included are chestburster and facehugger accessories and—for the very first time—the 1979 egg, which has a tentacled base. Display-friendly window box packaging with opening flap.
Here’s a quick gallery the team sent in of the PLEX (aka X-Plus) Godzilla and Gamera statues display at San Diego Comic-Con 2019. See the photos after the jump.
A new music mascot joins the NECA retro 8″ clothed figure line. They revealed the Stormtroopers of Death (S.O.D.) Sgt. D figure at San Diego Comic-Con 2019. NECA has posted official photos and info for the figure. It is due out in December. Check it out after the jump.
Straight from the cover of S.O.D.’s satirical metal album, the band’s Sgt. D character comes to life as a clothed action figure.
Standing 8 inches tall, the figure comes with removable helmet and rifle accessory.
At San Diego Comic-Con 2019, a second series of horror themed Madballs were revealed from NECA. The three new characters include Pennywise from IT (2017), Pinhead from Hellraiser, and Chucky from Bride of Chucky. New official images and details have been released. They are being produced by Kidrobot, and should be available in November. See the images after the jump.
Kidrobot x Madballs Horrorballs are expanding on the 2017 release with the triplets of iconic horror – Pennywise, Chucky, and Pinhead!
These monstrous mashups combine the Madballs platform you know and love with the terrifying villains from the IT, Chucky, and Hellraiser franchises. Add all 3 to your collection and make it hauntingly horrorball!
Each sold separately.
Hasbro has sent over official photos and details for their Star Wars Panel reveals from San Diego Comic-Con 2019. There are new Galaxy of Adventure 5″ Figures, a wearable Boba Fett Helmet, and a HyperReal Luke Skywalker. While no new official details are provided, there are photos of the Rise of Skywalker Sith Trooper Black Series Figure as well. Check out the list below. After the jump, you can find any additional info, and all of the photos.
- STAR WARS GALAXY OF ADVENTURES 5-INCH Figure Assortment
- STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES BOBA FETT PREMIUM ELECTRONIC HELMET
- STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES HYPERREAL 8-INCH LUKE SKYWALKER Figure
The team at San Diego Comic-Con 2019 sent in new photos of the Hasbro Marvel Legends display from San Diego comic-Con 2019. The booth has been updated with new figures that were announced at the Hasbro Marvel Product Panel. Check out the photos after the jump.