Entertainment Earth sent through details on a ton of new listings today from Mattel, LEGO and more. Included are new pre-orders for Mattel’s Netflix Kids series for Masters of the Universe, WWE figures, plus a ton of new Marvel, Minecraft and Ninjago LEGO sets. Check some highlights below, then read on to see the full list!
Articles Related to Lego Toy News
LEGO has posted a press release, and shared new photos and a video, for their next slate of Super Mario themed LEGO Sets. The new sets celebrate the various worlds and characters from the long running franchise. There will be a new main set, multiple expansion packs, and new character packs. Those include:
- 71380 LEGO® Super Mario™ Master Your Adventure Maker Set (366 Pieces)
- 71381 LEGO® Super Mario™ Chain Chomp Jungle Encounter Expansion Set (160 Pieces)
- 71382 LEGO® Super Mario™ Piranha Plant Puzzling Challenge Expansion Set (267 Pieces)
- 71383 LEGO® Super Mario™ Wiggler’s Poison Swamp Expansion Set (374 Pieces)
- 71384 LEGO® Super Mario™ Penguin Mario Power-Up Pack (18 Pieces)
- 71385 LEGO® Super Mario™ Tanooki Mario Power-Up Pack (13 Pieces)
- 71386 LEGO® Super Mario™ Character Packs – Series 2
Check out the photos, press release, and new promo video after the jump.
Yesterday, news had leaked out that LEGO was going to produce a set based on the iconic Nintendo Entertainment System. Today, they have officially revealed the set. The LEGO Nintendo Entertainment System includes a Super Mario Bros. cartridge, and a classic tube TV that can be used to “play” the game. The set features 2,646 pieces. When put together, the NES is somewhere between the size of the original Control Deck and the NES Mini. The Super Mario cart and the controller can actually be inserted into the control deck as you would with a classic NES. The set includes pieces to build World 1-1 from the game, and you use a crank on the side of the TV to have Mario run through the level. If you purchase the LEGO Super Mario Set, you can plug the Mario figure into the top of the TV. Mario will follow along and play the level music, and appropriate sound effects as you run through the course.
The set will be available exclusively from the LEGO Store starting August 1st. It is priced at $199.99. Bookmark the Product Page so you don’t miss it. You can see photos and a video after the jump.
Earlier this year, LEGO announced their first LEGO Super Mario Sets. The unique sets are just as much about interactivity, as they are about building Mario themed displays. Each set acts as a course. After building the set, you can use the unique Mario figure to interact with the level. Mario has LCD screens on his face and chest, and plays music and sound effects as he completes certain tasks. LEGO has updated the LEGO Super Mario Page with a series of new expansion sets. These include levels like Bowser’s Castle, the Mushroom Kingdom, and a Haunted Yard. Also included are new costumes for the Mario figure, and new character packs. Here’s the full range of products being offered:
- Adventures with Mario Starter Course
- Bowser’s Castle Boss Battle Expansion Set
- Toad’s Treasure Hunt Expansion Set
- Guarded Fortress Expansion Set
- King Boo and the Haunted Yard Expansion Set
- Thwomp Drop Expansion Set
- Boomer Bill Barrage Expansion Set
- Mario’s House & Yoshi Expansion Set
- Piranha Plant Power Slide Expansion Set
- Desert Pokey Expansion Set
- Whomp’s Lava Trouble Expansion Set
- Builder Mario Power-Up Pack
- Cat Mario Power-Up Pack
- Fire Mario Power-Up Pack
- Propeller Mario Power-Up Pack
- Character Packs
These new sets and expansion packs are scheduled for an August 1st release. Check out photos and press release after the jump.
Last month, LEGO revealed their Super Mario LEGO Sets. The sets allow you to build a fully interactive level. After setting it up, you can use the unique Mario figure to interact with the level set. Mario has LCD screens on his face and chest, and plays music and sound effects as he completes certain tasks. LEGO has opened up pre-orders for the first set, which is a bundle with a pre-order gift. A LEGO Super Mario app will be available for free, which will help in building the sets. The bundle include Super Mario, a Goomba, and Bowser Jr. figures. Fans who pre-order the set will get the Monty Mole & Super Mushroom Expansion Set free.
the LEGO Super Mario Starter Bundle is priced at $59.99. It is scheduled for release on August 1st. There’s also a “Closer Look” video, which shows the Bowser’s Castle expansion set. Check out full details, the pre-order links, the video, and the photos after the jump.
A video has been released by LEGO, showcasing their first collaboration with Nintendo for a series of LEGO Super Mario Sets! The video showcases multiple sets, and reveals a fully interactive experience. You can actually play along with the sets you build, controlling Mario as he tries to defeat Bowser and his minions. The Mario figure is electronic, and features a LCD screen in his chest and his face. Mario’s face changes expressions, and the chest displays info about the level you are playing, such as the coins you collected, or the dangerous terrain you stepped on. Mario has sound and music that he plays as you bounce him along as well. Different sound effects are played as you are collecting coins, entering warp pipes, taking out enemies, and even sliding down the flag poles at the end of your created levels. We’re awaiting full details from LEGO, but you can check out the video below to see what’s in store.
A press release has been made available, along with a few images. Check them out after the jump.
The LEGO booth at Toy Fair is always full of new and upcoming sets, as well as recent releases. With so many licenses and styles, there’s a lot to take in. Toy Fair 2020 is no exception. In this gallery, we have over 350 photos of the LEGO items on display at the event. Included are
- Star Wars
- DC Comics
- LEGO Friends
- LEGO Speed Champions
- LEGO Dots
- LEGO Architecture
- New Minifigures
- LEGO City
LEGO has revealed a massive new Batmobile Set based on Tim Burton’s 1989 Batman film. The set contains over 3,300 pieces and measures over 23″ long. It includes minifigures of Batman, The Joker, and Vicki Vale. It’s priced at $249.99, and is set for release on November 29th, 2019. Check out details below, and images after the jump.
Batman™ fans and anyone who appreciates cool cars will love the LEGO® DC Batman 76139 1989 Batmobile™ model car kit for adults. This beautifully detailed LEGO brick building toy replicates the classic curves of the famous Batmobile car, as seen in the 1989 Batman movie. Measuring over 60cm long and built from 3,306 pieces, the model offers a challenging and rewarding build. Die-hard fans will love authentic features such as the slide-open cockpit with a new-for-November-2019 wraparound windshield element, 2 hidden machine guns with a pop-up function activated by turning the turbine exhaust, and decorative grappling hooks on each side of the vehicle. The Batman toy car comes with a rotating display stand (with an attached information plate with 1989 Batmobile™ statistics) for ease of viewing from any angle. A must-have for all Batman fans, this super-hero toy construction set also includes 3 new-for-November-2019 minifigures—Batman with a cape that matches his 1989 movie outfit, The Joker™ and Vicki Vale™—plus a brick-built minifigure display stand.
- This super-hero toy includes 3 new-for-November-2019 LEGO® minifigures: Batman™ (new torso decoration), The Joker™ (new face and torso decoration) and Vicki Vale™ (new torso and legs), plus a brick-built minifigure display stand.
- This LEGO® brick version of the 1989 Batmobile™ features a slide-open cockpit with a new-for-November-2019 wraparound windshield element, 2 minifigure seats, a steering wheel, stick shift and dashboard stickers, 2 hidden, non-shooting machine guns under the bonnet with a pop-up function activated by rotating the turbine exhaust, 2 decorative grappling hooks, wheel trims with the Bat logo and specially designed tyres for the front wheels, batwings and other iconic design details.
- This LEGO® set also includes a brick-built rotating display stand for the Batman™ toy car with an attached information plate with 1989 Batmobile™ statistics.
- Weapons include Batman’s Batarang and a gun and The Joker’s gun.
- Accessories include Batman’s new-for-November-2019 cape that matches his 1989 movie outfit and Vicki Vale’s brick-built camera.
- This LEGO® Batman™ model car kit for adults includes over 3,300 pieces and makes a wonderful nostalgic holiday gift or birthday present for any Batman fan.
- 1989 Batmobile™ measures over 4” (12cm) high, 23” (60cm) long and 8” (22cm) wide.
LEGO has sent over information and images for their newly announced LEGO Star Wars sets ahead of Triple Force Friday. They have two new sets from the original trilogy, five new sets from The Rise of Skywalker, and a new set based on The Mandolorian. Each of these sets are scheduled for release on Friday, October 4th. See the breakdown below. After the jump, you can fin full details and the official images.
Star Wars Classic Trilogy
- Death Star Cannon
The Rise of Skywalker
- Kylo Ren’s Shuttle
- Millennium Falcon
- Pasaana Speeder Chase
- Resistance A-Wing Starfighter
- Resistance Y-Wing Starfighter
- AT-ST Raider
The official Star Wars channel is doing a live stream of new product for Triple Force Friday! Check out the live stream below. The Star Wars accounts are also sharing photos as new reveals happen. Check those out after the jump, along with the official press release for the event.