Just over a year ago, a Figma Space Invaders Monster was revealed by Good Smile Company. While the figure has shown up a few times at conventions, we’ve not heard much news over the past few months. Thankfully, the figure is finally set for release. Good smile Compay has posted the product page. The Space Invaders Monster is based on the artwork from the sides of the classic Space Invaders arcade cabinet. The game is one of the most recognizable video games ever produced, and spawned numerous sequels, remakes, and knock offs since its release over 40 years ago.
The upcoming figure stands at 6.7″ tall. The figure is fully articulated, including the fingers. The eyes can be rotated, allowing you to reveal a glow-in-the-dark feature. An articulated figure stand is also included. The Figma Space Invaders Monster is priced at 7,500 Yen (about $68 USD). It is set for release this October. See additional details and new photos after the jump.
figma SPACE INVADERS MONSTER
The Space Invader that shook the earth is now a figma!
From the game beloved by fans across the globe for over 40 years, “SPACE INVADERS”, comes a figma of the Monster from the game’s main visual illustration!
– The smooth yet posable figma joints allow you to act out a variety of different scenes.
– Four fingers on each hand are articulated, allowing you to create all kinds of nuanced poses.
– Its eyes feature a glow-in-the-dark side that can be revealed by rotating the eyeballs.
– An articulated figma stand is included, which allows various poses to be taken.
– Series: SPACE INVADERS
– Manufacturer: FREEing
– Category: figma
– Price: ¥7,500 (Before Tax)
– Release Date: 2020/10
– Specifications: Painted ABS & PVC non-scale articulated figure with stand included.
– Approximately 170mm in height.
– Sculptor: FREEing