Hot Toys has released images and info for their upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story – Darth Maul 1/6 Scale Figure. The upcoming release is based on Maul’s surprise holographic appearance as the head of the criminal organization Crimson Dawn. While the revelation that Maul survived his encounter with Obi-Wan Kenobi on Naboo came as a shock to movie-goers, fans of the Clone War and Rebels animated series knew of his expanded role outside of the films. Original actor Ray Park reprises his role as Darth Maul, but the character is voiced by Sam Witwer, who also voiced Maul in Clone Wars and Rebels.
The figure includes a newly developed head sculpt with movable eyes, robotic legs, interchangeable hands, a new dual Lightsaber, a cloak, a seat, and two holographs. It’s currently scheduled for release between the end of 2020 and early 2021. Look for pre-orders to go live soon. Check out photos and additional details after the jump.
Pre-orders Live from Sideshow Collectibles. Priced at $274.
Surprised many Star Wars fans with his appearance in Solo: A Star Wars Story, audience discovered that the deadly Darth Maul has survived to build an empire of his own as the true leader of Crimson Dawn. Operating from his homeworld of Dathomir, Maul commanded the crime syndicate with the help of refined figurehead and terrifying enforcer Dryden Vos, who traversed the galaxy on his lavish yacht entertaining and brutally imposing the will of his master. After his death, Dryden’s first lieutenant Qi’ra assumed control over the territories, working closely with Maul to continue their rule.
Today, Hot Toys is delighted to introduce the new 1/6th scale Darth Maul collectible figure from Solo: A Star Wars Story to our premium DX Series for Star Wars fans to enjoy!
Skillfully crafted based on the appearance of Darth Maul in the film, the new 1/6th scale collectible figure features a newly developed head sculpt with stunning likeness, finely tailored outfit and robe, highly detailed robotic legs, Maul’s iconic double-bladed lightsaber with LED light-up function and interchangeable lightsaber blades emulating the weapon in motion, a selection of interchangeable hands for posing options, a specialized seat for Maul and a figure base.
This amazing collectible figure inspired by Darth Maul’s latest look in the film will surely be a great addition for Star Wars fans!
– Product Code: DX18
– Product Name: Darth Maul
– Height: Approximately 29 cm tall
– Points of Articulations: 32
– Special Features: Articulated robotic legs with metallic painting and weathering effects, Specialized seat for Darth Maul, Hologram figures of Darth Maul and Qi’ra
The 1/6th scale Darth Maul Collectible Figure specially features:
– Authentic and detailed likeness of Darth Maul in Solo: A Star Wars Story
– A newly developed head sculpts with iconic Sith Lord eyes equipped with separate rolling eyeballs features
– Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed pointed horns, remarkable tattoos and skin texture
– Newly developed body with over 32 points of articulations
– Approximately 29 cm tall
– One (1) pair of articulated robotic legs with metallic painting and weathering effects
– Eight (8) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
– One (1) pair lightsaber holding hands
– One (1) pair of relaxed hands
– Four (4) pieces of gesture hands
– Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
– One (1) black-colored hooded robe
– One (1) black-colored tunic
– Two(2) black-colored belts
– One (1) pair of black pants
– One (1) pair of black-colored gauntlets
– One (1) gold-colored pendant
– One (1) LED-lighted Darth Maul’s lightsaber (red light, battery operated)
– One (1) lightsaber hilt
– One (1) pair of red-colored lightsaber blades in motion (attachable to the hilt)
– One (1) specialized seat for Darth Maul
– One (1) hologram figure of Darth Maul
– One (1) hologram figure of Qi’ra
– Specially designed dynamic figure stand with Star Wars logo and character nameplate
– Head Sculpted by Tae Ho Kang
– Head Painted by E-Lee & JC. Hong
– Head Art Directed by JC. Hong