Diamond Select Toys sent along a bit of info on their upcoming Star Trek Legacy Minimates. These will begin to hit stores next month. Here’s some info on what to expect.
Anticipation for the newest Star Trek film invariably leads us to think about the legacy it is a part of. All of the Star Trek films, TV series and other stories that have ever been told in the Star Trek universe have led us to this moment! So what better way to celebrate the legacy of Star Trek than with a toy line that touches on all eras of the franchise?
In June, the first series of Star Trek Legacy Minimates will hit stores, and no matter what era of Trek you hold most dear, there is a two-pack of 2-inch mini-figures just for you. Two separate assortments will be available, each with different uniforms, characters and species, not to mention a shipload of weapons and accessories.
At comic shops and specialty stores, both movies and TV shows get figures:
– Admiral Kirk & Khan (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)
– Captain Picard & Borg Queen (Star Trek: First Contact)
– Captain Sisko & Jem Hadar (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
– Captain Archer & Xindi (Star Trek: Enterprise)
Then, at Toys “R” Us and toysrus.com, the scope expands with four all-new pairings:
– Captain Kirk & Kahn (gold shirt) (Star Trek: The Original Series)
– Captain Picard (captain’s jacket) & Hugh (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
– Captain Sisko (vest) & Gul Dukat (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
– Captain Janeway & Seven of Nine (Star Trek: Voyager)
Finally, comic shops and specialty stores will get the long-awaited Minimates vehicle of the U.S.S. Enterprise, with opening bridge dome and engineering section, a removable command chair with display base, and an adjustable display stand. The standard edition will come with Captain Kirk, a communicator and a phaser rifle, while a “Trouble with Tribbles” edition (with green-shirt Kirk and tribbles) and a “Mirror, Mirror” variant (the ISS Enterprise with Mirror Kirk) will be available exclusively at Entertainment Earth and Action Figure Xpress, respectively.
Six TV series! Two movies! Sixteen Minimates! And three Enterprises! The return of Star Trek Minimates starts in June!