Site sponsor HLJ contacted us and let us know they’ve updated their website significantly, introducing a new feature called “Private Warehouse”. Check out details and some screen caps of the features in action after the break.
You can also visit their page just for this, which has a video explaining everything.
We’ve just unveiled the biggest improvement to our service ever!
- What’s changing? To put it simply, we’re giving you total control over the handling of your orders!
- Have the items you want shipped, when you want them shipped, how you want them shipped.
- Any shipping method, any payment method, any combination of items! All this is made possible by our new ‘Private Warehouse’ system.
- Shipping estimates for in-stock items will be available in your shopping cart. And during the checkout process you will be able to see all shipping costs and all available shipping methods to your address.
- We have also updated our site graphics and a comprehensive overhaul of our checkout process and account maintenance system.
What is ‘Private Warehouse?
Starting now, when you place an order, you can select “Private Warehouse” or “Ship Immediately” for your order handling. If you choose Private Warehouse handling for your orders, you’ll be able to do things like:
- Combine separate orders into one for shipping, lowering your costs.
- Ship all, or just a few, of the items you’ve purchased, letting you control shipment size and method.
- Decide when to ship orders, to avoid deliveries in periods when taking delivery is inconvenient.
How does Private Warehouse work?
If you choose ‘Private Warehouse’ handling, as soon as anything you’ve ordered becomes available, we’ll charge you for the items but instead of shipping them, they will be placed in your own private virtual warehouse. We’ll happily store them here at HLJ for you for up to 60 days!
During that time, you can freely go to your warehouse and customize a shipment, telling us which items you want shipped, by what shipping method, and when! Want to control your shipment size for customs reasons, or hold in-stock items while waiting for pre-order stuff? Private Warehouse makes it possible! And what’s more, you’ll be able to see real-time shipping cost quotes (finally!) as you put together a shipment so you know exactly how much you’re going to pay before you commit! Once you’ve given us shipment instructions, we bill you for those shipping costs and get your order on its way to you.
If you’re not interested in this level of control in your orders, no problem! You can choose ‘ship now’ and items will be billed and shipped to you the moment they become available. But given the cost savings and control that’s possible, we think you’ll find Private Warehouse to be a great way to take control of your orders with us.’