Welcome back for another round of MattyCollector Q&A Answers!
1) The 6 inch Young Justice KidFlash’s smaller base body’s proportions really just right for a leaner character like KidFlash, is there any chance the figure couldb to use the larger teen body used by Superboy & Aqualad?
In the Young Justice line, we are striving to capture different scales of characters as they appear in the show. If we did switch base bodies, we would no longer be able to represent this fidelity to scale.
2) With 6″ DC figures continuing at mass market in 2012, will the 4H still be sculpting those figures, or are they just working on the Club Infinite Earths 6″ figures?
Yes, the Four Horsemen are great partners. We look forward to continuing to work with them on the 6″ 2012 retail figures.
3) Have you ever considered making soft plastic capes, with wires in them for DCUC? This would enable Batman and Superman to have more dynamic poses with their capes, without resorting to cloth.
Yes, we’ve explored this in the past, however when using internal wire, it is very challenging to pass safety and reliability testing. Our goal is to produce the highest quality items, and it would be challenging to keep this goal and add wires into the capes.
4) Will the Toys R Us exclusive blue/grey Arkham City Batman repaint have weathered paint apps, like the black/grey one in the new 2 pack? At SDCC the blue/grey repaint didn’t seem to have the weathered paint apps and looked plain.
5) For MOTUC, some of the larger figures featured rotocasting and/or hollow parts. Is this a route possible for use in creating Robeasts in the Voltron line(s)?
An interesting idea, though nothing is concrete yet.
Want to Ask Matty something? Don’t forget to post your questions in our MattyCollector Questions Thread! Next round of questions is due September 15th!