Let’s kick the weekend off with more MattyCollector Q&A answers! Don’t forget to post your questions in our MattyCollector Q&A Questions thread! With this round we go over:
- Toy Guru if he could go back in time with DC Infinite Heroes
- DC Comics being very vocal with requests for certain looks on Mattel product(REBOOT RELATED!)
- A ton of WWE Legends inbound despite mass clearance at Target stores
1. How will the big DC Comics reboot affect your toylines, for example are we going to see the new costumes/looks take emphasis over the classics?
We are indeed re-reviewing our 2012 line up. DC has been very vocal that they would like to see the new looks take priority in our lines and we are eager to please!
2) Will the mattycollector Voltron exclusives just feature Voltron Classics or will they also onclude Voltron Force?
You will need to wait for SDCC for the full scoop!
3) Now that it’s been a while since DC Infinite Heroes went on hiatus, if you could go back in time, what would you do differently with the line?
“IH was a line I “inherited” from the previous brand team and if I had the chance to be on the brand from day one I would have loved to launch it with more articulation and weapons as well as more A-list characters up front.”
4) WWE Legends figures have been clearanced at Target. In the future, will Legends still make appearances in the WWE Elite line?
Yes, we have a ton coming down the pipe. Stay tuned for SDCC for the full scoop!
5) In the Green Lantern movie, Hal is shown flying an F-35. Is the transforming tank-plane the only jet we are going to get in the toyline?
Yes, the Battle Shifters Ring Blast Jet is the only fighter jet planned for the 2011 line at this time. It will be on shelf soon.
*Note: There will be no MattyCollector Q&A Answers for August 1st due to the crew being out San Diego Comic Con 2011! Stay tuned for our coverage beginning next week! Nonetheless, feel free to post your MattyCollector Q&A questions ahead of time!