The Toyark has received the answers for the MattyCollector February 2011 Q&A. There won’t be another Q&A on February 15th for MattyCollector, in light of Toy Fair 2011. Without further ado, here are the answers for this month!
1) How big is the DCUC wave 17 C&C Anti-Monitor compared to other figures? We were wondering if he is at least bigger than the C&C Kilowog and/or Solomon Grundy.
A) He stands very close to 9-inches which is the largest size we can create based on logistics and package size.
2) Will the 3.75″ Green Lantern line look and feel just like the DC Infinite Heroes line, or should we expect something substantially different? Perhaps something closer to the Avatar format of figures in the same scale? With Toy Fair right around the corner we were wondering if we could get a hint at what’s to come.
A) It will share the same scale as IH, but the GL 3 ¾-inch basic figure line is aimed at kids and we therefore put more development into the accessories such as a ring and construct with every figure and a bit less in articulation. We are still doing highly articulated figures for collectors, but those will be in the 6-inch MM scale.
3) One of the most entertaining wrestlers to grace the WWE within the last decade was Eddie Guerrero. Is it possible to honor him in the Defining Moments collection, perhaps with a folding chair and replica of his “Uncle Eddie’s Bed Time Stories” books? That was one of the very last storylines he was involved in.
A) We love Eddie Guerrero too but have nothing to announce about him at this time. However, we will be making some new Superstar figure announcements around New York Toy Fair later this month!
4) One of our members reported that the DC Action Mini Action League figures that he bought for his son were very prone to paint being scratched off, and he experienced the same with the Brave & the Bold mini-figures. The paint was scratched off heavily even during minimal play. Going forward, will this issue be addressed?
A) We are always looking into ways of improving paint ops and production and will pass this comment on to the design and engineering team.
5) On the back of the DCUC Walmart exclusive 2 pack of Batman & Robin, an image of the DCSH wave 3(or 8) Batman mold was used in lieu of the actual Batman figure included. Are there plans to bring that more modern Batman figure back, or others, like the first fully articulated Batman from the 4H, Armor Attack Batman(from the 1st 6″ Batman line by the 4H), released internationally in 2005 but never released in the US?
A) We are looking into ways of bringing back some of these harder to find older Batman sculpts from the DCSH line. It didn’t work out this time due to some logistical issues, but it is something we want to work into the line when possible!
As always folks, don’t forget to post your questions for the MattyCollector Q&A in our MattyCollector Questions Thread!