The latest answers from the Ask Matty Q & A by Mattel have been received:
1) A 3-3/4″ Green Lantern line has been mentioned for 2011. Should Lantern fans expect a line similar to the current DC Infinite Heroes format(as in same sculpting style and articulation), or better?
It is still too early to announce any more specifics about style. We are looking at doing a 3¾” scale line, but whether this is film or comic style and what format is yet to be announced.
2) The WWE line has done very well in it’s 1st year, especially compared to previous license holders. It receives much praise not only for sculpt but for scale. Given that the line is months short of being a year old, is there enough potential and interest for a 3-3/4″ line by the same team?
This is something the WWE team has looked into and we do know there is fan demand. Nothing to announce yet, but you never know!
3) With the future waves of DC Universe Classics unveiled at SDCC this past summer, most of the figures seemed to have the new double jointed knees and elbows. In turn, this helps in not “breaking” the sculpt(s). Will we see a Bruce Wayne(classic) Batman, Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, et al, in 2011 with the aforementioned double joints, or will they be on the backburner so that newer characters can be introduced to DCUC?
No plans right now to retool older A-list figures with more joints but, in time, this is something we would like to get to. It depends on cost and logistics, which is often out of our control.
4) Movie Masters seems to be a definitive 6″ DC movie line for collectors. Have the sales of the latest Dark Knight Movie Masters on Mattycollector and at Toys R Us been high enough to warrant expanding the line? For example, there are still designs from Batman Begins that are in demand, like Ducard/Ras Al Ghul, League Of Assassins Ninjas, Ninja Bruce(maybe a variant LOA Ninja?). Not to mention the MIchael Keaton Batman movies.
We are well aware of demand for more Batman world Movie Masters. Nothing to announce right now, but it is top of our list to get to when logistics allow.
5) Is there still hope for DCUC Batman Beyond with wings, shown on the original prototype?
The Wings were actually never tool’d. What you are looking at are images of the Horsmen’s sculpt, not actual product. If we put tooling dollars behind the wings, it would take the place of another all-new figure with tooling. It is something we would love to get to one day, but no plans to announce right now.
Don’t forget to post your questions in our Ask Matty Questions Thread!