While the Toyark crew was prepping for Toy Fair, Hot Toys dropped official images and info for their upcoming Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope – Obi-Wan Kenobi 1/6 Scale Figure. This highly anticipated figure is based on Alec Guinness’ iconic portrayal as the old Jedi Master. Obi-Wan will stand at 12″ tall and will feature over 30 points of articulation. The figure will include a removable Jedi Robe, a Lightsaber hilt, an extended Lightsaber, multiple interchangeable hands and a figure stand. Obi-Wan Kenobi is scheduled for release in the third or fourth quarter of 2015.
You’ll find all of the photos and much more info by reading on.
Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope – Obi-Wan Kenobi 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure
“The Force will be with you. Always.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
The legendary Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi is one of the most memorable and crucial characters in the Star Wars saga. As the mentor of Anakin and Luke Skywalker to train them in ways of the Force, Obi-Wan has played a significant role in shaping the fate of the entire galaxy. Following the official introduction of Darth Vader Collectible Figure, the “circle is now complete” as Hot Toys is proud to present today the Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Collectible Figure!
The movie-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of Sir Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi in the film featuring a newly developed head sculpt, specially sculpted hands, finely tailored Jedi costume, LED-lighted lightsaber, and figure stand.
This “is” the legendary Jedi Master you are looking for!
– Product Code: MMS283
– Product Name: Obi-Wan Kenobi
– Height: Approximately 30cm tall
– Points of Articulations: 30
– Special Features: A newly developed head sculpt, specially sculpted hands, finely tailored costume, LED-lighted lightsaber, and figure stand.
– Artists: Head Sculpted by . Please refer to below for detail artist info
– Head Painted by . Please refer to below for detail artist info
– Head Art Directed by . Please refer to below for detail artist info
The 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi Collectible Figure specially features:
– Authentic and detailed likeness of Sir Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
– Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles, beard, and skin texture
– Body with over 30 points of articulations
– Approximately 30 cm tall
– Six (6) pieces of newly sculpted interchangeable hands including:
– One (1) pair of relaxed hands
– One (1) pair of hands for holding lightsaber
– One (1) right hand for holding lightsaber in alternative pose
– One (1) gesturing left hand
– Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
– One (1) brown-colored under-tunic
– One (1) beige-colored tunic
– One (1) brown-colored Jedi robe
– One (1) brown-colored belt
– One (1) pair of beige-colored pants
– One (1) pair of brown leather-like boots
– One (1) LED-lighted blue lightsaber (white light, battery operated)
– One (1) lightsaber hilt
– Specially designed figure stand with Obi-Wan Kenobi nameplate and movie logo
– Head Sculpted by Park Jong Hyuk
– Hands Sculpted by Choi Yoon Suk & Yumina
– Head Painted by JC. Hong
– Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
– Costume Designed by Hai Lim
Release date: Q3 – Q4, 2015
**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice