Jakks 24-Inch Godzilla 2014 Figure Released

24 Inch Godzilla 004

We’ve seen leaked images and had requests to remove them. Now that it’s out, there’s no keeping a lid on it. Toyark forum member Trivial Psychic has spotted the massive 24″ Godzilla 2014 Figure by Jakks Pacific at a Toys “R” Us in Arizona. The figure measures about 40″ from snout to tail. Here’s some detail from Trivial Psychic.

“For those wondering, he has articulation in the arms and wrists, legs, and tail. His neck and jaw are also articulated for chowing down on any poor people caught out in the open.”

The figure was listed at $44.99. You can see some photos that were shared by  Trivial Psychic after the jump.

1. Trivial Psychic's Avatar Trivial Psychic says

I ran into this big fella tonight...AND HE'S HUGE! I honestly think he looks way better in person than in the pics we've seen thus far. It's not the best rendition of him (his spines are sickly and tiny compared to the Zilla in the picture...), and it's lacking in the articulation area, but I can definitely see the appeal to him. I would have went bananas if I would have gotten this for Christmas as a kid. For those wondering, he has articulation in the arms and wrists, legs, and tail. His neck and jaw are also articulated for chowing down on any poor people caught out in the open. I'll probably pick him up later when the movie gets closer to terrorize my G.I. Joes and Marvel Universe figs, but I just couldn't bear the 44.99 price tag at the moment. Hopefully he'll go down a bit in price or on sale as the movie gets closer.

2. Lody666's Avatar Lody666 says

^^^much like any other movie merchandise, it'd be wise to wait for the inevitable sales and clearance so as not to pay full price^^^

3. Trivial Psychic's Avatar Trivial Psychic says

Originally Posted by Lody666 View Post
    Yeah...with the movie coming out in late summer, I can imagine him being around once Black Friday rolls around. Hopefully he'll catch on and be well distributed like the huge Darth Vaders and Power Rangers that Jakks Pacific also makes (both which were hot items during the holidays.) I cant imagine why he wouldn't...it's freaking Godzilla! Still though, I think about the nightmare that was the poorly distributed movie Thor and Robocop toys, and I cringe a bit, wondering if he's actually going to climb in price if he's short shipped. There's also the possibility of the movie bombing at the box office like Robocop did, which would cause retailers to also exercise caution in ordering him. Tough trying to figure out the variables sometimes...you know?

4. Black Arbor's Avatar Black Arbor says

Looks more like a Jazwares toy than a Jakks Pacific one. Zing!

5. Joe Moore's Avatar Joe Moore says

I kind of like it. $5 is a bit high for me, but if I see it on sale for $30-ish, then I might taker the leap. I do tend to appreciate figures and toys of extreme large and small scales.

6. Ash from Carolina's Avatar Ash from Carolina says

I don't know I think I was expecting the figure to look a little bit better for the price. I'm okay with the film look it's just the toy seems a bit lacking.

But I could see getting the figure if there is a sale to knock a bit off the price. I've got some Lego figures with a terrified look on their face that would go perfectly with this figure.

7. Andy Carruthers's Avatar Andy Carruthers says

Although the movie lacked, I miss my big 1998 Godzilla. The thing was massive and I regret selling it. Will probably pick this one up as I quite like the almost retro dinosaur design.

Full Thread: 24-Inch Godzilla Spotted