Toy Fair 2014 – Jada Toys Robocop

Toy Fair 2014 Jada Toys Robocop 01

Take a gander at our photos from Jada Toys’ display for their Robocop toyline at Toy Fair 2014. The new movie premiered last week and most, if not all, of these toys are at retail stores now. There are many Robocop toys planned for 2014 and Jada Toys‘ line is the one most readily available. Read on to check out images of their display at Toy Fair.

1. TimothyR has no avatar! TimothyR says

what?.. no 6" scaled ED 209?.. that's a shame.

i own both 6" robocop figures.. i wish they had mouths though.

looks like i'm going to have to quench my robocop needs with play arts version.. so far, i think those look the best.. even better than ThreeA's 1/6th version.

i'm super excited for the play arts 1.0 figure. i really wish these companies were given the movie designs sooner so that you don't have to wait so long for toys from companies like play arts and hot toys.

2. Shin Densetsu's Avatar Shin Densetsu says

Originally Posted by TimothyR View Post
    what?.. no 6" scaled ED 209?.. that's a shame.

i own both 6" robocop figures.. i wish they had mouths though.

I used to love PAK but am now wary ever since noticing annoying issues with the ones that I have. A few breakages, issues normally associated with PVC, et al. Just not a big fan of predominantly PVC figures anymore. I get why companies use it, it's cheap, it retains intricate detail in sculpts more, but it's also a softer plastic that's prone to warping and tearing.

So I hope Tamashii gets the license for Robocop so we can see a Figuarts Robocop some day. I hear the Figma version of the Classic Robocop is cool.

Even NECA uses PVC mostly, and I dunno, their Robocop figures to me are just decent. Could be better.

I have seen the Jada 6" figures for $10 at Walmart. I might buy a silver one to check it out.

3. snake5289's Avatar snake5289 says

I can't find any of the new RoboCop stuff around here. I've looked everywhere I can think of.

Anyway there definitely needs to be an ED-209. And where's the 2.0 RoboCop?

4. Grippen's Avatar Grippen says

I think the 2.0 Robocop was cancelled. And probably because they cancelled it in the movie. For Jada to have it in their line up initially it was because it would be in the movie but I didn't see any intermediate version in the movie.

5. snake5289's Avatar snake5289 says

I thought his suit at the end was the 2.0. It was only brief but I thought it looked different than the 1.0.

6. Joe Moore's Avatar Joe Moore says

Unfortunately, it appears to me that this may be a "1 Wave and Done" deal. I honestly don't expect them to put out much, if anything, else. They showed nothing new at Toy Fair, no designs, nothing. I would be surprised if we saw anything else from them.

7. snake5289's Avatar snake5289 says

That is a bummer. I really liked the new ED-209 and would have loved one in scale with their smaller Robos.

8. Grippen's Avatar Grippen says

Jada is a new player in the action figures field. They played safe and went with a small line up. I can understand the fears based on what we have seen in other movie lines which are complete failures or the movie itself is a failure which leads to poor toy sales.

I'm also sad they didn't make ED209 and ED208 or even other characters but as I said they decided to play safe I guess. I was expecting however to see more distribution around movie time. It seems that they launched it around christmas and now completely neglected it.

As for Robo 2.0 I don't think the suit at the end of the movie is different it is the same 1.0 with a Police badge. Besides why call it 2.0 then that one should be 3.0 and the black the 2.0.

I think they dropped the idea in production and Jada was making their line up based on it. Then the images popped up in the summer and they decided to stick with the original naming for them.

9. snake5289's Avatar snake5289 says

They're doing better than Hasbro at this point by giving a 3.75 action figure actual movement.

As for 2.0 I figured it was something that they tinkered with before giving him the all black 3.0. Not a biggie or anything just wondering what happened to it. Even back when the pic of all three was first shown I thought the 1.0 looked best anyway.

10. Grippen's Avatar Grippen says

Don't worry I will be making a 2.0 soon I have the parts already just need to repaint and make some tweaks on him

11. snake5289's Avatar snake5289 says

Finally managed to find the 1.0 Robo. With like 7 or 8 3.0s I grabbed the only 1.0. I love it too. Nothing overly special sure but considering that the company has never made figures before it's a great first attempt. The sculpt is awesome and on mine at least the paint is really good. I may go back for a 3.0 but for now I'm good.

Full Thread: Toy Fair 2014 - Robocop From Jada Toys