Marvel Super Hero Mashers

Marvel Superhero Mashers Iron Patriot 01

A new line of Marvel figures by Hasbro has started to arrive at Toys R Us stores recently. Marvel Super Hero Mashers is a line of figures made with modular parts. The idea is that you can mix and match to make your own customized hero. For example, you can make a Hulk with an Iron Man head and Wolverine’s hands/claws(and countless other combinations). The figures are fully articulated but do not have as much articulation as Marvel Legends. The joints are are a combination of hinges and ball joints. The articulation used has emphasis more on parts swapping than dynamic posing. Stylistcally the figures use an animated style, similar to Sigma 6 and other older Hasbro lines such as Star Wars Force Battlers.

Pictured here is a boxed version of Marvel Super Hero Mashers Iron Patriot. It comes with a few weapons. At Toys R Us, this figure retails for $16.99. Others that I saw in the same pricepoint included Hulk & Thor. There is a basic series at a smaller pricepoint(which may lack accessories), meanwhile there is also an electronic size class which is at the $19.99 pricepoint(featuring Wolverine & Iron Man with electronic accessories/armor). I only saw the $16.99 figures but there have been sightings of the others.

Read on to check out images of Iron Patriot in box.

1. Spyne98's Avatar Spyne98 says

I saw these last week. They look kind of cool, but I can't justify the price. But still, they're neat.

2. trebleshot's Avatar trebleshot says

I might bite on the Dr. Doom figure, but not really feeling them otherwise.

And is IP compensating for something, or what?

3. Snowflakian's Avatar Snowflakian says

Interesting idea. Execution seems to be decent with the more limbs covered. The cartoony proportions exhude 90s adaptoid too. Overall, I could see these going over well with kids. Not sure on the adult collector side that may pick and choose, but I do like that they upped it to include more variations among the arms and legs.

4. astrakhan has no avatar! astrakhan says

The electronic Iron Man has an alternate Tony Stark head wearing sunglasses, plus a ton of extra arms seemingly colored specifically to be put on this Iron Patriot. If there's a big post-Christmas sale or coupon, I might grab both Iron Man and Iron Patriot to see how well they work together.

To me, this is what the Iron Man 3 Assemblers toys should have been--not in the proportions, mind you, but these have full elbow and knee articulation and tons of different attachment ports.

5. Andy Carruthers's Avatar Andy Carruthers says

I love Doom, I'll be picking him up for my focus. The rest is meh for me.

6. Shin Densetsu's Avatar Shin Densetsu says

Originally Posted by astrakhan View Post

EXACTLY man! I would've bought up Armored Assemblers if they were anything like these.

Full Thread: Marvel Super Hero Mashers - Parts Swapping Figures