The Hobbit – The Desolation of Smaug Figures At Toys R Us

The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug Mirkwood Heroes

The Bridge Direct has announced that their new figures for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug are now becoming available at Toys “R” Us. A few of them have popped up at ToysRUs.com as well. Here are the figures that should begin hitting stores:

6″ Collectors Series
Legolas
• Azog
• Radogast

3.75″ Mirkwood Hero Pack Box Set
• Thranduil
• Legolas
• Tauriel
• Fili
• Kili

Discussion / Comments (Jump to this Thread on the Forum)

  1. Croaker has no avatar! Croaker says

    Seriously? Another 6" Legolas? Even though he was one of the only 5 figures in that scale for the first film?!

    At least they're completing the 3.75" dwarves.

  2. MeLikeJinx has no avatar! MeLikeJinx says

    I wonder if retail will even order any of these new figs... nobody bought the first ones... well, except for single card Gandalf.

  3. redx24's Avatar redx24 says

    Got my gandalf so im good. Now release some ring wraiths or big ass armored sauron and u get my cash.

  4. Greylight's Avatar Greylight says

    I am very excited for these. Sure, they could be better, but overall they are actually good figures. The Bridge Direct has said they sold out of the 6" scale. And another Legolas should be no surprise, he's their Wolverine or Batman.

  5. Greylight's Avatar Greylight says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tlasjr View Post
    Three words. Where.is. smaug.
    Bridge Direct said in Feb. that they wanted to make Smaug in 3 3/4" scale, and would likely use the Toy Biz Fell Beast as a starting point, but they did not have designs from Weta at that time. So I think we can count on a Smaug figure.

  6. MGTAJ's Avatar MGTAJ says

    Perhaps they bought a bunch of Fin Fang Foom's and are repainting them?

  7. trebleshot's Avatar trebleshot says

    The 3.75" line didn't seem to do very well around here, and a good chunk of it is either pegwarming or on clearance. I can't even recall seeing any of the other scales/offerings.

    So I'd be really surprised if these new waves actually show up at retail here. I hope they do, but only for the LOTR collectors in my area. For me, the line is one of many toy lines where I say "oh, that's nice" and keep walking.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tlasjr View Post
    Three words. Where.is. smaug.
    They're probably saving him for the third film's toy line.

    I still can't believe that they're turning The Hobbit into a trilogy of its own. I know it's been a while since I last read the book, but I just don't remember there being enough content for three films (whereas the sequel, The Lord of the Rings, easily had enough for 6 or maybe even 9 films).

  8. Greylight's Avatar Greylight says

    Retail wasn't very cooperative on the Hobbit line. Target passed, Walmart had only the 3.75" in select stores (as an end-of-the-aisle, not-quite-endcap feature), while Kmart had everything, but waited until December to stock a pallet display (what's left is now 75% off). Toys R Us and Amazon were the main supporters, while Books A Million and Hastings had a small selection.

    On the subject of a trilogy, they have added material from the LOTR appendices that was happening at the same time as The Hobbit. Not to mention The Hobbit has a lot going on in such a small book, with big scenes happening "off-screen." Obviously the movies will show, rather than tell. And of course you can expect gratuitous non-Tolkien Jacksonisms.

  9. trebleshot's Avatar trebleshot says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Greylight View Post
    On the subject of a trilogy, they have added material from the LOTR appendices that was happening at the same time as The Hobbit. Not to mention The Hobbit has a lot going on in such a small book, with big scenes happening "off-screen." Obviously the movies will show, rather than tell. And of course you can expect gratuitous non-Tolkien Jacksonisms.
    Oh, boy.

    Don't get me wrong, though. I loved Jackson's LOTR trilogy and own (and watched) the extended editions of all three films. I just assumed they would stick with the main story for this one (and the focus being on Bilbo and his POV). But I guess it's probably the only way they'll be able to include some of the other events, since I sincerely doubt they'll pull off a film version of The Silmarillion (or any other Tolkien works) any time soon.

  10. Jackieboy's Avatar Jackieboy says

    sucks that they choose to alter the source material,the original LOTR movies pissed me off no end,so many great characters left out,the pussifying of gandalf against the witch king,the pointless arwen love story.now they are doing the same with the hobbit,though i really enjoyed the extra scenes with radagast>>>such a wonderful character.

    i reckon the silmarillion would work as a TV series,a season for each story.just look at game of thrones,i dont see why the silmarillion could not work in that format.

  11. Greylight's Avatar Greylight says

    The Bridge Direct has revealed their 2013 SDCC exclusive 6 inch scale Azog figure, complete with the head of Thror!

    Quote:
    We are thrilled to give you the first look at this years 2013 San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive Hobbit figure! The 7 tall Orc Commander Azog comes in a numbered, limited edition of 2,600 pieces. Azog is depicted as he appears in the prologue scene from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. In the battle between the dwarves and an army of orcs to reclaim Moria, Azog holds the severed head of the dwarf King Thror up in victory. The figure comes with interchangeable hands the right hand that holds Thrors head can be replaced with a hand capable of holding either his dagger or mace, and the left hand can be switched with the prosthetic spikes that replaced the hand he lost to Thorins sword. For those of you attending Comic-Con, we hope you plan to visit The Bridge Direct / Weta Booth #3513B and take home one of these incredible collectibles!

  12. trebleshot's Avatar trebleshot says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jackieboy View Post
    sucks that they choose to alter the source material,the original LOTR movies pissed me off no end,so many great characters left out,the pussifying of gandalf against the witch king,the pointless arwen love story.now they are doing the same with the hobbit,though i really enjoyed the extra scenes with radagast>>>such a wonderful character.
    Out of curiosity, did you watch the theatrical cuts of the LOTR films, or the extended editions?

    Quote:
    i reckon the silmarillion would work as a TV series,a season for each story.just look at game of thrones,i dont see why the silmarillion could not work in that format.
    As I recall, the Silmarillion did not have nearly enough gratuitous sex and violence to warrant its own series on premium cable. At least not without heavy re-writes using that guy from the SNL skit.

  13. Greylight's Avatar Greylight says

    The Bridge Direct has announced via their Facebook page that the new action figures for The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug are now available exclusively at Toys R Us stores and Toysrus.com.

    Wave 2 currently consists of the following:

    Radagast, Azog and Legolas in 6" scale.

    The Mirkwood Hero pack in 3.75" scale includes Thranduil, Legolas, Tauriel, Fili and Kili.

    Quote:
    Additional characters will continue to be introduced to this very focused, highly-collectible line as the series progresses and demand warrants.
    Happy hunting!

  14. Joe Moore's Avatar Joe Moore says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Greylight View Post
    The Bridge Direct has announced via their Facebook page that the new action figures for The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug are now available exclusively at Toys R Us stores and Toysrus.com.

    Wave 2 currently consists of the following:

    Radagast, Azog and Legolas in 6" scale.

    The Mirkwood Hero pack in 3.75" scale includes Thranduil, Legolas, Tauriel, Fili and Kili.



    Happy hunting!
    Thanks for the heads up.

  15. Optimus Neeson's Avatar Optimus Neeson says

    Tauriel is barely taller than a dwarf. Evangeline Lilly is a petite hottie.

  16. Dragasses's Avatar Dragasses says

    the last line of that flyer is a little ominous.

    I'm gonna be real sad if we don't get all the 3.75" characters we've seen.

  17. 46 Zone has no avatar! 46 Zone says

    Hey Mods,

    Is BD at Toy Fair 2014, and is there any new Hobbit product out there?

  18. Leave your reply on the Toyark Forums.

    Full Thread: New Hobbit Figures Announced

    Not a member yet? Join Toyark Now!

Join the Conversation! › The Hobbit – The Desolation of Smaug Figures At Toys R Us Discussion