SDCC 2013 – Dungeons and Dragons Kre-O

SDCC 2013 Dungeons and Dragons Kre O 010

Check out our pics of Hasbro’s Dungeons and Dragons Kre-O from San Diego Comic-Con 2013.

1. trebleshot's Avatar trebleshot says

Really excited about the new Kreon minifigs. I just wish the retailers in my area would start carrying them more consistently. I've never even seen the Joe packs.

I've seen the Cityville stuff and while the minifigs are cute, the sets aren't really doing anything for me (aside from potential display options for my Kre-O/Lego/MegaBloks figures).

Also really curious about D&D Kre-O.

2. Falconhood's Avatar Falconhood says

hmmm, AD&D? And the display seems to be the theme park from the 1st episode of the 80s cartoon. I hope they are not planning to make that for retail, and instead concentrate on fun stuff.

3. trebleshot's Avatar trebleshot says

Where are you seeing the D&D theme park? The only ones I see on display in that massive diorama are the Cityville sets.

Btw it's D&D, not AD&D. And I only mention that because there is a big difference between the two.

As for whether that version of D&D comes to retail in the form of Kre-O, I can't lie; I'd totally pick them up if it means I can get minifigs of Venger, DM and especially an in-scale Tiamat.

4. jwmagick has no avatar! jwmagick says

Originally Posted by trebleshot View Post
    THIS. So hard this. What I really want is actual 3.75" figures of the cartoon cast and *Venger*!! We did get a tiny Tiamat in the toy line, but nothing spectacular.

5. PiercingRayer's Avatar PiercingRayer says

I'd get that Drizzt Kreon, but he is kinda missing without his pet panther Guenwhyvar. Hope they release a Companions of the Hall pack, Bruenor, Wulfgar, etc. and The Sea Sprite could be one of their vehicle sets.

6. eva00kai has no avatar! eva00kai says

Dat Drizzt.... Id love to see an Erevis Cale and Artemis Entreri

7. trebleshot's Avatar trebleshot says

Ok, I think I'm sold on those minifigs.

Now add the 'toon figs to the lineup Hasbro!

...please?

8. Optimus Neeson has no avatar! Optimus Neeson says

Kreo has the potential to be a serious competitor to Lego if Hasbro would step up their kit design.

Lego - Superior quality control. Superior kit design.
    Kreo - Very good quality control. Crappy kit design.
    Mega Bloks - Horrible quality control. Very good kit design.

9. trebleshot's Avatar trebleshot says

Agreed, although personally I would put Kre-O's quality on par with Lego. Also, pricing comparisons between the three would put Lego at the top as well, but not in a good way.

As far as the kit design goes, that falls on Hasbro's partner Oxford (the actual designers of the sets). Given time, I'm sure it will indeed be a formidable rival to its Danish competition.

Full Thread: Kre-O at SDCC 2013