Official Images TMNT Classics Bebop and Rocksteady

TMNT-Classics-Bebop

We previously saw these two figures during our Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Coverage of Toy Fair 2013. Now, Playmates has released an official image for both upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classics Bebop and Rocksteady. Look for these two figures to hit toy shelves this Summer.

Click the headline of the story for the images.

Discussion / Comments (Jump to this Thread on the Forum)

  1. cobracobra's Avatar cobracobra says

    Make sure the guns can fit into there hands!! Also what is the reference art they used for Bebop and Rocksteady. Looks nothing like the cartoon nor the original figures.

    Anyone have any information on these?

  2. MegaPrime33's Avatar MegaPrime33 says

    I wonder what the packaging looks like. I'm also hoping it isn't just the two of them for wave 2, and that we see some surprises coming our way at SDCC.

  3. Joe Moore's Avatar Joe Moore says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MegaPrime33 View Post
    I wonder what the packaging looks like. I'm also hoping it isn't just the two of them for wave 2, and that we see some surprises coming our way at SDCC.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's just the Turtles being re-released. Toy stores may be reluctant to just drop these two on the shelves without the Turtles themselves. Plus, the case is a set of 12 figures, which would come out to a breakdown (hopefully) of two each for the Turtles as well as Bebop and Rocksteady. Some sites are speculating this exact scenario.

  4. Dr Kain has no avatar! Dr Kain says

    Two questions:

    1. Why are they doing these two when Shredder, April, and Splinter have not had figures first?

    2. Does Playmates actually plan to sell the Classics line in physical stores?

  5. Joe Moore's Avatar Joe Moore says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Two questions:

    1. Why are they doing these two when Shredder, April, and Splinter have not had figures first?

    2. Does Playmates actually plan to sell the Classics line in physical stores?
    The classics line has always been available in stores. I bought my figures at Toys "R" Us.

  6. Alienweirdo's Avatar Alienweirdo says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Two questions:

    1. Why are they doing these two when Shredder, April, and Splinter have not had figures first?

    2. Does Playmates actually plan to sell the Classics line in physical stores?
    1. Bebop and Rocksteady and cult characters popular with adults and have not had an action figure in about 20 years. Playmates look at these characters and see that they could also be popular with kids who are growing up with the new series, and rather than make ANOTHER Shredder, April or Splinter whom are already available in the other line decide to make these guys. They are more mutants for the Turtles to fight. It's an excellent strategy as fans will more than likely snap these guys up due to nostalgia and kids will due to their appearance which would mean that if financially successful we will definitely be getting other characters as well.

    2. I see them in Toys R Us in the UK.

    I. Cannot. Freaking. Wait. For. These. Guys.

  7. MegaPrime33's Avatar MegaPrime33 says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's just the Turtles being re-released. Toy stores may be reluctant to just drop these two on the shelves without the Turtles themselves. Plus, the case is a set of 12 figures, which would come out to a breakdown (hopefully) of two each for the Turtles as well as Bebop and Rocksteady. Some sites are speculating this exact scenario.
    Interesting point. Especially since in my area it's been hard to find the turtles in general anymore, even though the shelving does in fact have a mylar for it. I hope for my sake then that if they do only package one of each per case, that I do in fact find them locally.

  8. cobracobra's Avatar cobracobra says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Two questions:

    1. Why are they doing these two when Shredder, April, and Splinter have not had figures first?

    2. Does Playmates actually plan to sell the Classics line in physical stores?
    1. I have a thought, Rocksteady and Bebop can share parts thus keeping the cost down. I believe the four turtles are all the same parts minus the head. Correct me if I am wrong on that.

    But looking forward to Shredder April and Splinter too. I am still a little put off by there faces. Not nearly as cartoony as the classics figures. I am wondering if different people have sculpted the toys. I wasn't completely satisfied with the turtles faces. I feel that the classic representations are more of the artwork subjected to t-shirts, sweatshirts, beach towels and other licensing not either the cartoon or the toy line.








    And now Bebop and Rocksteady almost look like more realistic representations. They look neither like the cartoon or original toys. So I think I might sit this one out and wait for Gentle Giant to approach it in 2044.



    2. When the Turtles debuted in August they were pretty common at Toysrus,Target and Walmart. But around october they all went and I have yet to see them at a store restock yet. Maybe Playmates is trying to hone in on the nickelodeon line. Why compete with your own product?
    I think us collectors are now expected to venture the internet to purchase toys more often than not.
    I am pretty sure 40-50% of my toy collection is purchased through a online retailer or Ebay.
    Just think of the massive amount of online toy retailer exclusives for even big brands like Transformers and Star Wars. So I could totally see the TMNT classics being a little more elusive in physical retail.

  9. jestermon has no avatar! jestermon says

    Yeah I never saw any of the classics turtles in store any where.

    They do look great as updated mixtures of their old toys/cartoons/ art but It is a weird style to work into the line with those turtles.

  10. Crazy Jetty's Avatar Crazy Jetty says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cobracobra View Post
    Also what is the reference art they used for Bebop and Rocksteady. Looks nothing like the cartoon nor the original figures.
    Looks just like the original toys to me. And do it more successfully than the turtles.

  11. TheSymbiote's Avatar TheSymbiote says

    We still can't find Leo, Raph and Mikey for less then $18 :/

  12. Ninjinister's Avatar Ninjinister says

    I'm going to join the club of never seeing the Classics figures at retail. When the standard line launched, there was a shelf for them at Toys R Us and two pegs at Target, but never did I see a single figure. A month later, the space for them was cannibalized by something else.

  13. bog's Avatar bog says

    Very bummed to add my name to the list of people who have never seen these on shelves. Targets, Toys R Us, Walmart, Meyers, etc etc. nada

  14. Shin Densetsu's Avatar Shin Densetsu says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bog View Post
    Very bummed to add my name to the list of people who have never seen these on shelves. Targets, Toys R Us, Walmart, Meyers, etc etc. nada
    Well hopefully Toy Fair convinced retailers to pick up the line for Fall(that's the whole point of Toy Fair after all).

    I have only seen these a few times at Toys R us and once at a LCS.

  15. Dr Kain has no avatar! Dr Kain says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
    The classics line has always been available in stores. I bought my figures at Toys "R" Us.
    Not in my area. I have yet to see a single Classics figure, not even a price tag. But then, the regular line from the new toon are shelf warmers, so I guess no one wants to sell updated 80s versions.

  16. Ninjinister's Avatar Ninjinister says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Not in my area. I have yet to see a single Classics figure, not even a price tag. But then, the regular line from the new toon are shelf warmers, so I guess no one wants to sell updated 80s versions.
    lol TMNT 2012 shelf warmers? What dead zone do you live in?

  17. Joe Moore's Avatar Joe Moore says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Not in my area. I have yet to see a single Classics figure, not even a price tag. But then, the regular line from the new toon are shelf warmers, so I guess no one wants to sell updated 80s versions.
    The TMNT 2012 line is probably one of the best selling toy lines out right now. Most stores can barely keep them in stock. Even the (too) expensive sewer playset sold well at Toys "R" Us.

  18. Dr Kain has no avatar! Dr Kain says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
    lol TMNT 2012 shelf warmers? What dead zone do you live in?
    My Target and TRU stores barely ever sell them. My Target last year put up about 12 pegs of them and I think I saw maybe 4 figures gone tops from them when I was in there a few days later.

  19. Joe Moore's Avatar Joe Moore says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    My Target and TRU stores barely ever sell them. My Target last year put up about 12 pegs of them and I think I saw maybe 4 figures gone tops from them when I was in there a few days later.
    There's always exceptions, but TMNT figures were one of the top selling toy lines from last year. They were an especially hot commodity during the Christmas shopping season.

  20. bog's Avatar bog says

    @Joe Moore, your avatar makes me want to play Turtles in Time in a bad way.

    They haven't hed them at my LCS either. I have yet to see one anywhere in the flesh, or I'd own them already.

  21. trebleshot's Avatar trebleshot says

    I don't think I've ever heard the Classics figures being sold anywhere but TRU. And the closest I got to seeing them at all was a single shelf tag and an empty display box at ONE of the two TRUs in my area.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    My Target and TRU stores barely ever sell them. My Target last year put up about 12 pegs of them and I think I saw maybe 4 figures gone tops from them when I was in there a few days later.
    While it is certainly possible that they just aren't as popular in your area (every market is slightly different due to multiple factors) and I'm not saying you're wrong, per se, but I have to wonder if maybe they're just restocking fast enough that you don't notice they're selling through quickly. But I suppose a quick conversation with the staff could tell you how often they stock that section.

  22. Ninjinister's Avatar Ninjinister says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bog View Post
    @Joe Moore, your avatar makes me want to play Turtles in Time in a bad way.
    But that's TMNT II on the NES o.O

  23. There are more replies on the Toyark Forums.

    Keep reading: TMNT Classics Bebop and Rocksteady Pics - Page 2

    Not a member yet? Join The Toyark Now!

Join the Conversation! › Official Images TMNT Classics Bebop and Rocksteady Discussion