NECA Rocky VS Apollo Set Sighted

The NECA Rocky VS Apollo 2 pack has been sighted at Toys R Us recently by Toyark boards member Optimus Vader. We aren’t sure if a “clean”(non battle-damaged) version is out so be on the lookout. Unlike the Rocky and Apollo figures from the 1st wave, in lieu of painted “skin”, these figures feature the semi-translucent plastic used on the Rocky IV wave(and NECA’s recent Lost Predator wave).

1. KshatriyaNZ666's Avatar KshatriyaNZ666 says

This is absolutely perfect!!!

Just what I needed. Any chance that we could get the clean versions as well?

2. FaustX has no avatar! FaustX says

I would never have imagined this could look good, but man, the face damage is very well executed.

3. Optimus Vader's Avatar Optimus Vader says

It's interesting to read what they said about the new flesh tone technique. I have figs from Series 1 & 2, and while all very nice (and highly recommended), my Series 1 figs are a little nicer.

4. Dark Hayabusa's Avatar Dark Hayabusa says

Missed out on these two, so I'll have to get this. I aways wanted to display them in the "ain't gonna be no rematch"
    -"urgh, don't want one" scene

5. TheLoudMaster's Avatar TheLoudMaster says

Best news I've heard all day. As I said before, the first series might as well have not even come to my TRU. This is a great bone from NECA.

I also hope they make a pre-fight version of this set.

6. Morzilla's Avatar Morzilla says

I have seen this line, not this two pac but the line of figures, from Rocky, James "Clubber" Lang, and Ivan Dago. Both Rocky and Ivan come in two forms, one is the regular look and the alt look is with bruises, cuts and blood splatters across the faces. Also Ivan has two colored shorts Red and Yellow (alt). Hope this helps all those Rocky fans out there...

7. Shin Densetsu's Avatar Shin Densetsu says

Originally Posted by TheLoudMaster View Post

I also hope they make a pre-fight version of this set.
    I would buy a pre-fight version. I dig how the damaged versions were made but I wish the parts were swappable and included instead of separate releases.

8. Optimus Vader's Avatar Optimus Vader says

This is out. I forgot to look through to see if there were unbeaten versions, but there were plenty on the peg. Like I said a few posts up about their "new flesh tone technique," it looks worse than however they were making them before. Again; still very nice, but they looked better before. Apollo looks the same, but Rock's skin just looks a little more plain or something to me compared to the original single-packed version. I had this same thought when I got Drago and compared him to my series 1 Rocky... and that was before reading that they changed the way they're painting them.

Full Thread: Rocky vs Apollo 2-Pack