….or mid-late September, whatever. Anyways we just got our answers back for the latest round of MattyCollector 2012 Q&A. So here goes:
1) oh here’s my question. for DC figures, is it much more expensive to produce and include accessories for characters? for example, the batman legacy figures, many came without accessories when the batman characters are almost the most known users or gadgets and weaponry. legacy series 1 batman with no batarang? but joker came with a hammer, and cards? what determines wether or not a character will comes with anything aside from a display stand?
A) Many times it comes down to whether we have an existing tool’d accessory we can reissue. Tooling is one of the most expensive parts of the toy making process.
2) Will the new Batman Unlimited and DC Unlimited lines have better distribution in Canada then DCUC did? As Canadian fans, it was very difficult to locate the previous line, so we hope these new lines will be more readily available to your Canadian fan base.
A) These products will be listed in Canada. Unfortunately, the distribution is left to the local marketing team, so we can’t speak to distribution as compared to DCUC.
3) Are there any planned Multi Packs (2 and 5 packs) from DCUC for 2013 and beyond or are they going to end? I’m Sure most fans would like to see Characters they either missed or never saw due to Stores never putting them out
A) There are no further retail multipacks planned at this time.
4) Why is Mattel releasing Batman figures in the DC Unlimited line (a la Injustice Batman) when, as of this post, they seem to be saturating the Batman Unlimited line with Batman figures almost exclusively? It seems like the Batman Unlimited line can be taken literally at its name to the point that it spills over into the DC not-so-Unlimited line.
A) Batman is still part of the DC Universe and the Injustice Batman was just too cool to pass up. Additionally, since Injustice is more of a DC game, we wanted the figures to live in one of the lines and not both, hence the apparition of Injustice Batman in the DC Unlimited line.
5) Is Red Robin supposed to be Kingdom Come Red Robin(Dick Grayson) or Tim Drake(from New 52)?
A) He is a pre New 52 version. The toy was planned and sculpted well before we knew about the new 52 plans.
As always don’t post your questions here for the MattyCollector 2012 Q&A!