It’s the end of the month and time for another round of MattyCollector 2012 Q&A answers!
1) Are your production runs typically shorter than other toy companies? We ask this in reference to having to have product fit into the pricepoints retailers are demanding.
A) Usually Mattel has much larger runs.
2) Are the Injustice figures for the DC Unlimited line sculpted by the 4H or in-house by Mattel sculptors?
*Editor’s note: we are not sure if Mattel answered “Yes” to the 4H sculpting or the in-house Mattel team sculpting
3) For the Batman Unlimited line, is Dark Knight Returns Batman the only figure we can expect to see from Frank Miller’s Dark Knight Returns? It was a neat surprise to see this figure, however there were other notable characters in that book such as a female Robin, Superman, and of course, Batman with concrete or Kryptonite gloves to fight Superman.
A) So far. Maybe more to come based on how this one sells.
4) Will there be a Superman Unlimited line?
A) Not at this time.
5) Were any of the Voltron toys designed to be sold at mass market retail, or were they always meant to be sold primarily online?
A We did create a Voltron line for kids that we showed at SDCC last year but have yet to find a retail partner for this line.