Sorry for the delay folks! Without further ado we present you with the answers for the MattyCollector 2012 Q&A mid-August session.
1) What point is there in having 2 Batman toylines running at once? You have The Dark Knight Rises, and then there’s the straight up more animated looking Batman line. It almost seems like it would be over saturating the market.
A) Both lines are aimed at different customers. Younger kids and older kids/collectors.
2) Do you have any plans to make the white mailer boxes available for purchase? So those of us who have the early releases that didn’t get the mailers can have a nicer way to store our figures. They could be generic with just Masters of the Universe on the front. No need to print specific character names on them.
A) No, no plans right now for this.
3) You still can produce the DCAU styled figures, in the form of JLU, and one could assume you could make those same costumes on DCUC bodies if you wished. But, can Mattel ever produce Teen Titan Animated Series figures, since Bandai hasn’t had the lisence for years? Either as part of the JLU line, or even just replicating some of the costumes or characters as standard DCUC?
A) Yes, we have right to this but based on sales of JLU and YJ the customer base is not there.
4) Is there an official term you use for the style of hip articulation you use on the DCUC toys? Most collectors seem to have difficulty coming up with terms how to describe it to other collectors that have no experience with DCUC.
A) The hips use ball joints.
5) Will the Powers of Pain (Warlord and Barbarian) show up in WWE Legends?
A) Possibly. No plans right now to announce.