Sorry for the delay folks! The answers are in for the MattyCollector 2012 Q&A August 1 session!
1) Shortly after you announced the cancelation of the JLU line you announced that you would be bringing out a new DC toy line that would be specific to collectors. Will it have a very specific look to it like the JLU line did? Thanks very much.?
A) That is yet to be announced!
2) You have already released a Catman figure in the Legacy line, and a Bane CnC figure, are there currently plans to make any of the other characters from Secret Six?
A) Nothing to announce right now but always a team we are looking into building.
3) Now that the DCUC Young Justice subline is dead, is it under consideration to produce additional DCUC 6″ YJ figures under the Club Infinite Earths subscription line?
A) As announced at SDCC, we are offering a 2 pack of Superboy and Miss Martian on Mattycollector.com if we receive the min number of pre orders.
4) How come the MOTU Classic figures like Battle Armor He-Man & Skeletor, & Mekaneck have interchangeable parts instead of working parts like the original MOTU line?
A) Action features like these would require a lot more unique non reusable tooling and we just don’t have the customer base to justify this right now. The shared tooling helps pay for the line.
5) Is the reason why you won’t make fully articulated 4″ figures that you just don’t have the ability? I mean you were so close at the end of DCUIH, and then there’s the Avatar figs that were good, but they were from a movie that kids didn’t care about.
You claim to be looking to make sure that you strike the right balance on price value and what kids value the most yet your figures sit on the pegs while the far better articulated Marvel figures from Hasbro fly off their pegs. If you really strike the right balance on value, and price then your figures would be selling not sitting.
A) We are always looking into the newest innovations and often there is a push and pull between features and hitting certain price points retailer ask for. Always a dance!
Remember folks, post your questions for the Q&A here!