Avengers Movie Thor Images By Hot Toys

Hot-Toys-Avengers-Movie-Thor-001

We saw a brief glimpse of the Hot Toys Avengers Movie Hulk earlier this week. Today Hot Toys has fully revealed their Avengers Movie Thor 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure.

Hot Toys is proud to present the collectible figure of another superhero from the Marvel Studios – the 1/6th scale Thor Limited Edition Collectible Figurine from the upcoming The Avengers movie. The movie-accurate collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Chris Hemsworth as Thor in the movie, highlighting the newly developed head sculpt, muscular body, highly detailed costume, accessories and weapon. The Thor collectible stands approximately 32 cm tall, which is closer to the 1/6th scale of the movie character.

Read on to see all of the Thor photos.

Discussion / Comments (Jump to this Thread on the Forum)

  1. Hulk97's Avatar Hulk97 says

    looks great, like the more muscular body compared to the original, shame it doesnt come with two sets of arms, sleeves and sleeveless but i can see the difficulty in that. The face sculpt looks pretty good, the eyebrows seems a bit dark and off in shape otherwise it's pretty close. Very nice overall and i can't wait to p/o mine

  2. KingLouie731's Avatar KingLouie731 says

    don't care for the wind pants he's wearing otherwise looks good

  3. Optimatron has no avatar! Optimatron says

    The hair looks horrible...but then again Hemsworth's hair in the movie is a bit too 80's cock rock to begin with.

    The more muscular body is an improvement though. It's a shame that Hemsworth is such a princess and won't wear his helmet because he wants "face time". lol

    I think with the Helmet this suit will look even better. I'll probably just do a headswap with my Thor 1.0

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingLouie731 View Post
    don't care for the wind pants he's wearing otherwise looks good
    AHAHAHAHA that is an awesome comparison. They really do look so lame. His chest pieces have been okay through these two movies...but in the first movie his pants looked like a futuristic biker pants, and now....it's like hes wearing the pants to a futuristic adidas jogging suit.

  4. Phantomcrow's Avatar Phantomcrow says

    Be Honest, Would you want to see him have the helmet on the whole movie?? I think it would just look silly. The shot in Thor where he is wearing it is good enought for me.

  5. Optimatron has no avatar! Optimatron says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phantomcrow View Post
    Be Honest, Would you want to see him have the helmet on the whole movie?? I think it would just look silly. The shot in Thor where he is wearing it is good enought for me.
    Actually yeah, I would. At least when he is fighting. He doesn't need to wear it ALL the time, but during battle is not a irrational request.

    The Helmet has ALWAYS been a part of Thors look. I'm also a person who holds traditions in very high esteem. I'm not a "casual" fan.

    What I find silly is a warrior wading into battle without full battle attire. I think it's out of character...and the longer hair Thor is sporting in the Avengers makes him look like a sissy man. As a soldier of any kind...what you don't do is forget your helmet. The reason he isn't wearing a helmet is because Hemsworth is a pretty boy, and wants his face time. It's the same reason Evans likes to take his own cowl off too. For instance in TFA, when Bucky is holding on for dear life on the train...Evans takes a second to throw off his Cap helmet...for what reason?? Face time....to make the scene "emotional". If my best buddy is falling off a train...the only thing I'm using time for is trying to grab his arm and pull him up.

    That's great if you're satisfied with him wearing a helmet for about 30 seconds, but maybe people who have waited a life time, and want to see faithful recreations of their favorite characters might not be satisfied. Hawkeye's costume and Thors helmet are just a few areas where I take issue.

  6. behindthemask's Avatar behindthemask says

    in the first pics his face reminds me more of Leonardo Dicrapio then Thor. The pants remind me of cap's outfit, nicely made but not worth the $$ IMO.

  7. MintCondition's Avatar MintCondition says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Optimatron View Post
    Actually yeah, I would. At least when he is fighting. He doesn't need to wear it ALL the time, but during battle is not a irrational request.

    The Helmet has ALWAYS been a part of Thors look. I'm also a person who holds traditions in very high esteem. I'm not a "casual" fan.

    What I find silly is a warrior wading into battle without full battle attire. I think it's out of character...and the longer hair Thor is sporting in the Avengers makes him look like a sissy man. As a soldier of any kind...what you don't do is forget your helmet. The reason he isn't wearing a helmet is because Hemsworth is a pretty boy, and wants his face time. It's the same reason Evans likes to take his own cowl off too. For instance in TFA, when Bucky is holding on for dear life on the train...Evans takes a second to throw off his Cap helmet...for what reason?? Face time....to make the scene "emotional". If my best buddy is falling off a train...the only thing I'm using time for is trying to grab his arm and pull him up.

    That's great if you're satisfied with him wearing a helmet for about 30 seconds, but maybe people who have waited a life time, and want to see faithful recreations of their favorite characters might not be satisfied. Hawkeye's costume and Thors helmet are just a few areas where I take issue.

    The implication being that anyone who doesn't want him to wear his helmet isn't a "true" fan? That's completely ludicrous.

    In the Ultimates Thor never wore a helmet. The movie version of Thor was very influenced by his Ultimates design, judging from the beard he sports and many flourishes in his costume.

    Thor has his helmet, but it's more of a ceremonial piece than a battle piece. It would get knocked off almost immediately were he to wear it in battle. Not to mention it looks pretty goofy when translated to the real world.

    Hawkeye's movie costume is one of my favorite movie designs for a comic book character actually. Seems very realistic, and very practical. I dig it.

  8. KingLouie731's Avatar KingLouie731 says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Optimatron View Post
    For instance in TFA, when Bucky is holding on for dear life on the train...Evans takes a second to throw off his Cap helmet...for what reason?? Face time....to make the scene "emotional". If my best buddy is falling off a train...the only thing I'm using time for is trying to grab his arm and pull him up.
    IF they do the winter soldier storyline they should totally bring this up as it would be worth the price of admission

  9. Optimatron has no avatar! Optimatron says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MintCondition View Post
    The implication being that anyone who doesn't want him to wear his helmet isn't a "true" fan? That's completely ludicrous.

    In the Ultimates Thor never wore a helmet. The movie version of Thor was very influenced by his Ultimates design, judging from the beard he sports and many flourishes in his costume.

    Thor has his helmet, but it's more of a ceremonial piece than a battle piece. It would get knocked off almost immediately were he to wear it in battle. Not to mention it looks pretty goofy when translated to the real world.

    Hawkeye's movie costume is one of my favorite movie designs for a comic book character actually. Seems very realistic, and very practical. I dig it.
    Ahh but you see...I never said he wasn't a "True" fan....I only said that I am a traditional fan, meaning I like the 616 Thor, the helmet, and I wish Hemsworth would wear it. Good job on putting things into your own context, and trying to put words into my mouth though. Better luck next time.

    Hmmm...last time I checked Thor is magic...and I'm pretty sure if magic dictates the helmet is for his protection, it would stay on no matter what. As for it being ceremonial...so says a deleted scene from Thor, not exactly canon when it didn't even make the official cut of the origin movie. At least Tom Hiddleston respects the idea of Loki's modern helmet. He knows that he should be wearing it during battle...and how about that...it just appears and disappears at his will. I doubt anybody can knock it off...kinda like it's bonded to his genetic/magical make-up.

    As for the Ultimate Universe...it's garbage. It was specifically designed for the "casual" fan jumping into comics due to the Marvel movies. It seems to be for people that can't wrap their heads around the complex backstories of the 616 universe, or are too lazy to catch up via wiki (kinda the samething I guess). All in all, it's a pretty half-assed marvel universe. Also, I don't remember the ultimate version having a cape, chainmail armor, OR a very busy chest piece. I don't think this version resembles that "ultimate" disapointment as much as you wish it did. The chainmail is derived directly from Modern Thor, and the busy chest armor looks more like some of the Asgardian armors Thor wore in the late 90's. Even the helmet's movie design is taken from Thor's Battle Armor, and Thor was rocking the beard YEARS before the Ultimate joke.

    Oh, and even my girlfriend thinks Thor would look cooler if he wore the helmet, and as much as she crushes on Hemsworth...she basically laid it out just like it is. He wants face-time, he doesn't want his money-maker obscured by a helmet. Even Chris Evans...once again has his mask ripped off in the Avengers. It's more plausible this time, but it's still for the same reason. They want people to think of them when they think of these characters. That's what it boils down to...but keep up with your rationalizations why he shouldn't wear the helmet. I don't care. You can have your opinion...I'll stick to mine.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingLouie731 View Post
    IF they do the winter soldier storyline they should totally bring this up as it would be worth the price of admission
    I hope they do. I'm sure Bucky will be pretty pissed.

  10. DogFashionDisco's Avatar DogFashionDisco says

    I wouldn't mind owning all of these figures, but I'd also like to have a spare $1000 that it would cost to buy them.

  11. yourfacehere's Avatar yourfacehere says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Optimatron View Post
    Ahh but you see...I never said he wasn't a "True" fan....I only said that I am a traditional fan, meaning I like the 616 Thor, the helmet, and I wish Hemsworth would wear it. Good job on putting things into your own context, and trying to put words into my mouth though. Better luck next time.
    Whoa no need for that kind stuff man, he was talking about your destinction between traditional and "casual" fans.
    Quote:
    Hmmm...last time I checked Thor is magic...and I'm pretty sure if magic dictates the helmet is for his protection, it would stay on no matter what. As for it being ceremonial...so says a deleted scene from Thor, not exactly canon when it didn't even make the official cut of the origin movie. At least Tom Hiddleston respects the idea of Loki's modern helmet. He knows that he should be wearing it during battle...and how about that...it just appears and disappears at his will. I doubt anybody can knock it off...kinda like it's bonded to his genetic/magical make-up.
    Does it really dictate that it's for protection? I think it played off of Thor's character since he's supposed to be brash. Really his chest armor seems to fill the role of bodily protection. Then again he is either super advanced or a magic god, so it doesn't really matter.

    Quote:
    As for the Ultimate Universe...it's garbage. It was specifically designed for the "casual" fan jumping into comics due to the Marvel movies. It seems to be for people that can't wrap their heads around the complex backstories of the 616 universe, or are too lazy to catch up via wiki (kinda the samething I guess). All in all, it's a pretty half-assed marvel universe. Also, I don't remember the ultimate version having a cape, chainmail armor, OR a very busy chest piece. I don't think this version resembles that "ultimate" disapointment as much as you wish it did. The chainmail is derived directly from Modern Thor, and the busy chest armor looks more like some of the Asgardian armors Thor wore in the late 90's. Even the helmet's movie design is taken from Thor's Battle Armor, and Thor was rocking the beard YEARS before the Ultimate joke.
    IT was a summed up marvel universe, it was designed to breathe new life into the marvel universe and entice young fans, who weren't willing or able to read hundreds of issues worth of backstory and retcon, and felt turned off to jumping into a new book if you couldn't catch up in a decent amount of time. Additionally reading off of the wikis aren't usually reliable since they are scarcely maintained and sometimes can be way out of date.

    However they changed around a lot of characters backstories in the ultimate universe, and turned it into something completely different.

    THe movie itself borrows from the ultimate book in that Thor claims that he's a god but people don't believe him, and think he's crazy, until he manages to get his hammer back from shield(being his armor I believe, in the comics). Additionally they threw in a reference or two to the original book like the Donald Blake bit.
    Quote:
    Oh, and even my girlfriend thinks Thor would look cooler if he wore the helmet, and as much as she crushes on Hemsworth...she basically laid it out just like it is. He wants face-time, he doesn't want his money-maker obscured by a helmet. Even Chris Evans...once again has his mask ripped off in the Avengers. It's more plausible this time, but it's still for the same reason. They want people to think of them when they think of these characters. That's what it boils down to...but keep up with your rationalizations why he shouldn't wear the helmet. I don't care. You can have your opinion...I'll stick to mine.
    .
    Personally I think the helmet looks stupid, just because you and your girlfriend think differently doesn't make it true.

    Unless the pretty boy says he wants to show his face, I won't hold your opinion as fact.

    Maybe he wants to be known as Thor, who wouldn't? Maybe he hates the helmet,, the woman who played Batgirl in the Batman movie, had the directors cut the half of her cowl off because the thick rubber was uncomfortable and ripped out her hair. Or maybe he wants to get recognized as the actor who played Thor so he can continue getting work after the Thor movies.

    Bottom line is, there's multiple reasons for it.

  12. Optimatron has no avatar! Optimatron says

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yourfacehere View Post

    Personally I think the helmet looks stupid, just because you and your girlfriend think differently doesn't make it true.
    I didn't say that it made it "true", but it is my opinion, and "personally" I don't give a damn about yours.

  13. Deefuzz's Avatar Deefuzz says

    The hair is leaps and bounds over the first Hot Toys release.

    Would have liked a sleeveless version on this one though.

  14. Leave your reply on the Toyark Forums.

    Full Thread: Hot Toys Avengers Thor Gallery

    Not a member yet? Join Toyark Now!

Join the Conversation! › Avengers Movie Thor Images By Hot Toys Discussion