Let’s kick off this weekend with the latest round of MattyCollector 2012 Q&A! Here are the questions we sent off and the answers:
1) Which incarnations of Batgirl & Hawkman are planned for All-Stars Wave 3, and will All-Stars Wave 3 Steel feature any vacuum chrome metalized pieces?
A) At this time we are actually making big changes to the roll out. Look for more info to come soon.
2) Does Mattel have any plans on revisiting the 3.3/4″ scale, and giving them articulation that can compete with Hasbro’s MU and Joe lines?
A) Not at this time but we are always looking into it
3) Does Mattel have the rights to do the DC Watchmen comic versions? If so, could there be a chance of getting Comedian, Nite-Owl, Silk Spectre, Rorschach, Ozymandias and Dr. Manhatten in the same 4 Horsemen DCUC bucks we know and love?
A) Not at this time but it would make a great line of figures!
4) Why did you decide to use Kid Flash’s costume from the first three episodes (the costume in the 4-inch KF/Flash two pack), rather than the costume he uses for the rest of the season (the costume used on the other 4-inch KF toys)?
A) As a way of offering variants of a main character for kids.
5) Considering that Batman, Red Arrow, Guardian, and Sportsmaster seem to have custom upper torso pieces, why does the 6-inch Robin have a re-used torso that is so much more muscular than his lean appearance in the show? And is there any chance at a new, slender-build torso for future characters that have that appearance?
A) Not at this time but we will be happy to pass this suggestion along to design!