Ghostbusters Gozer’s Terror Dog Statue

Ghostbusters-Gozers-Terror-Dog-Statue-2

Art Asylum has released the first info and a few pics for their upcoming Ghostbusters Gozer’s Terror Dog Statue.

“OK, so, she’s a dog.” While not Dana Barret’s finest moment, we all fondly remember the time when the two dogs perched on either side of the steps waiting for the arrival of Gozer. Now, Diamond Select Toys is giving you the chance to recreate that moment in your home with the Ghostbusters “Terror Dog” light-up statue. Here are some in-progress pictures, including the finished Bill Mancuso sculpt, and the great job painter Jason Wires did of capturing the look of the beast. As of this writing, the factory is getting the electronics finalized, but since I was blogging anyway, I thought I’d share a shot of the light-up feature taken for review purposes. Enjoy!

Check out the photos by clicking the headline of the story.

1. ludovicotek's Avatar ludovicotek says

Diamond Select/Art Asylum has posted some images of an upcoming Ghostbusters Terror Dog light-up statue. Still no word yet from Mattel if they're going to include the Terror Dogs in their line so this may be the next best thing.

-gozer-sculpt.jpeg

2. Optimus Vader's Avatar Optimus Vader says

If the price is reasonable, and we still have no word from Mattel on their dogs, I might look into these.

I can't imagine Mattel can put off making the Dogs much longer... fingers crossed.

3. ludovicotek's Avatar ludovicotek says

Tell me about it. If not later this year then they MUST include them next year. They're running out of characters quick and the NECA ones so so freaking expensive now it's ridiculous.

4. Optimus Vader's Avatar Optimus Vader says

I'm trying to think what the "big" addition could be for next year (Stay Puft this year), whether it's by sub or con, and other than the Ecto-1 what else could it be? Terror Dogs? Maybe a Stay Puft size Statue of Liberty?

Are you getting this "Hot Wheels Elite Cult Classics - 1:18 Scale Ecto-1" (cut/paste from BBTS)? I guess it'll be a little small for this line, but if it's as detailed as a $100 toy should be, I'll be happy.

5. ludovicotek's Avatar ludovicotek says

Yup. Got it pre-ordered. It'll definitely be small for the 6" figs. It's actually a little too small for Joe/MU size figures. That's why I love the 1:15 DeLorean that Diamond Select made. That size is PERFECT for MU size figures. The Hot Wheels 1:18 Ecto-1 will be good to pose figures next to but they won't fit inside.

6. Optimus Vader's Avatar Optimus Vader says

Originally Posted by ludovicotek View Post
    That's pretty much all I'm looking for.

..and not sure why I skipped the DeLorean. To make up for my mistake I might go buy the BTTF 2 MiniMates DeLorean this week.

7. Optimus Vader's Avatar Optimus Vader says

..well I already have a PoL building, so it's not like I'd be paying shipping

8. BlackMagnus's Avatar BlackMagnus says

Wow, these are sweet. I might be looking into these depending on price.

9. oxidative's Avatar oxidative says

This seems to look a lot better than it did at SDCC. I approve!
    And it lights up, pretty awesome!

Full Thread: Terror Dog from Diamond Select