We’ve just received the answers from the latest MattyCollector Q&A! In this segment we cover:
Updated articulation for 3-3/4″ DC figures
More Voltron info!
Cloth VS plastic capes for DCUC!
1) 4″ scale remains very popular and while collectors appreciate the fact that they are getting 6″ Movie Masters for Green Lantern, has the style of articulation on those figures, ever been considered for 4″ scale? For example, perhaps if DC Infinite Heroes returns in the future.
A) We certainly do want to find ways of getting out collector 3 ¾” figures. Not every line we can make is designed for collectors and in the case of Green Lantern the 3 ¾” line is a kid line which is why you see less articulation. We put all of our articulation and detail for collectors this time around into the Movie Master line.
2) With news of a huge Voltron Classics figure(with diecast metal content) coming, we were wondering if you will utilize ratchets and detented joints all throughout the lions/figures?
A) We are striving to make our Voltron Classics figures as accurate as possible. We’ll have the whole line to reveal at SDCC. Until then you’ll need to wait and see!
3) Building upon the question above, will there also be a smaller, more affordable Classic Voltron figure, perhaps for the mainline aimed at kids?
A) We’re just not ready to announce any details about Voltron yet. You’ll need to wait for SDCC!
4) The WWE Defining Moments figures cost just as much as the Entrance Greats figures yet lack stands/electronic bases. What contributes to the price of Defining Moments figures?
A) The overwhelming response we received on Entrance Great was that while the bases with sound where nice, people would rather have that money spent on the figures. So with Defining Moments we changed from using Basic figures to Elite figures. Also, we increased the amount of deco on the figures and the complexity of the accessories.
5) Will cloth capes ever be used for DCUC Batman and Superman figures? For Batman especially, cloth capes, definitely add to the look.
A) This is something we are always looking into. Usually about half the fans want cloth capes and half want plastic. If it works well for the look of a figure we will definitely review it!
Don’t forget to post your questions each month in our MattyCollector Questions Thread!