It’s the middle of the month, and you know what time it is, MattyCollector Q&A answer time! This month we get answers about:
- Count Marzo!
- Voltron Classics; the huge Classic Voltron figure…a box set or no?
- Batman Beyond and how his “return” would be handled in DCUC
1) Given that The Faceless One has to use Marzo’s grasping left hand with the fingernails, is it too late in development to swap out the right hand with one from a figure which also has fingernails (e.g. He-Man), so that both hands at least match (with the “magic tight glove look” that ToyGuru mentioned)?
A) In case you missed our announcements at NYCC, C2E2 and Wonder Con, indeed this is how we are doing Faceless One.
2) Will we see the Batman Beyond figure from Wave 4 rereleased in a “best of” wave or as an “All Star” figure? Or will we see a Batman Beyond figure in the Batman Legacy line, perhaps using a thinner, more slender buck? Terry is much slimmer compared to Bruce Wayne, but the DCUC figure looked just as big as the Bruce Wayne Batman figures in the line.
A) If we rereleased Terry it would likely be without changes. If we used up resources on a new version it would take away a slot for another new figure.
3) Since you were able to make the 12″ Movie Masters Superman in Christopher Reeves’ likeness, are you legally able to do this in the Movie Masters 6″ line?
A) No, at this time we are restricted to the 12″ scale.
4) One big bad guy from the 4H’s past is Killer Croc, whom they last made a figure of in the DC SuperHeroes(DCSH) line. With his appearance in the Arkham game, and the new Batman Legacy line coming later this year, is there a slot open for a new, fully articulated Killer Croc figure?
A)We would love to get to a new Croc in time, but nothing is planned right now.
5) Buying through Mattycollector.com has sometimes been a stressful experience for collectors. We heard a few details from C2E2 regarding the Voltron Classics line. One such detail is that the lions would be sold individually, exclusively through Mattycollector.com, with a possible retail release later on. To alleviate concerns of fellow collectors, have you considered offering all 5 lions in a box set? This has somewhat been a tradition for previous toy companies who held the Voltron license.
A) While they will not be offered in one box, we are looking into a subscription program to buy all of the skus much like MOTUC.
As always folks, don’t forget to post your questions for the MattyCollector Q&A in our MattyCollector Questions Thread!