MattyCollector kicked off April 2011 with our latest answers from the MattyCollector Q&A. Here’s some of the stuff they went over:
- Cassandra Cain Batgirl
- Voltron Force design
1) Given the high demand for a reissue of the DCSH Wave 8 black and grey Batman, which you seem quite aware of with the inclusion of it with a new head in the Batman Legacy line, as well as the very high demand (and rarity) for the DCSH Cassandra Cain Batgirl, any chance we could see these two figures released as a two-pack in the future?
A) Likely in time, but nothing to announce right now.
2) Two very big properties you have are DC Comics toys and of course, Masters Of The Universe. With no new DCIH figures in sight, and 3-3/4″ being a popular scale, is a new 3-3/4″ DC line, as well as Masters Of The Universe in that scale, outside the realm of possibility? We are reminded of the DC VS MOTU 2 packs at TRU, and how 2 packs at the popular 3-3/4″ scale with new designs, could be viable. It’s clear that there is demand for 3-3/4″ DC figures; on par with competing brands in the same scale.
A) We know 3 ¾” is a popular scale and we do continue to look at it where appropriate. Our new GL Movie figures are all in this scale!
3) For Voltron Force toys, are you collaborating with a company in Japan, or designing all the toys in-house?
A)We are designing them in house.
4) In our last Q&A session, you mentioned that “More Movie Masters are on the way with at least one more two-pack themed for the previous Nolan Batman films, which will help lead us into the Dark Knight Rises line”. Can you give us hint at which figures this 2 pack will contain?
A) Sorry, you will need to wait for SDCC for that info!
5) Years ago, it was said that the 4H sculpted a Mother Box Superman(from Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey) for the DC SuperHeroes(DCSH) line, but that it was canceled. Will this figure ever see the light of day?
A) Not at this time. Maybe one day!
Want to ask MattyCollector something? Don’t forget to post your questions in our MattyCollector Questions Thread! Next round of questions is due on April 15th 2011!