We here at the Toyark present you the questions to our recent answers for the MattyCollector Q&A! What’s in store for us in this round?
- Captain Power elaboration
- Voltron – MORE than just lions!
- Goldust – the majestic one and “real hair”!
After seeing the Imaginext Green Lantern jet, we instantly remembered a toyline we have fond memories of; Captain Power! With Masters Of The Universe returning with modern lines twice in the past decade, was Captain Power ever considered for modernization or will it stay stuck in the past?
A) Mattel does not currently have the rights to Captain Power, so no line is planned at this time.
2) The majestic Golddust has proven to be an enigma for the WWE. To further emphasize his rather glamorous persona, has thought ever been given to making a wig for him with rooted hair, perhaps on a future WWE Elite figure of Golddust?
A) It is unlikely that we would recreate Goldust’s wig with rooted hair since it is replicated far more accurately in plastic. In 6-inch scale figures rooted hair presents size, scale and deformation issues that we want to avoid.
3) Back in the 70’s when you brought over Shogun Warriors, diecast metal content was all the rage. Over the next few decades, some things have changed, but fans still like diecast, and now crave substantically more articulation. Does the upcoming Voltron Force line have potential to get us older collectors hooked, or is it primarily focused on a much younger audience, like the majority of the Green Lantern movie line?
A) Diecast has always been very popular, it is just very expensive and it is always a toss up between cost and delivering what fans want.
4) Does the Voltron Force license enable you to make transforming/combining toys/figures of Dairugger XV(the Voltron made of multiple vehicles)?
A) Yes, our license covers this type of execution.
5) A popular Batman ally that some current DCUC fans may have missed out on is Azrael from DC Super Heroes wave 3. Is he planned for re-release, possibly in the Batman Legacy 2 packs?
A) At this time there is no re-release planned. He was offered back in 2008/2009 in a two-pack, but this is the limit of his re-releases at this time.
There you have it folks! Don’t forget, the next round of questions are due on April 1st, add your questions to our Ask MattyCollector Thread!