MattyCollector has sent us the answers for the 1st MattyCollector 2011 Q&A!
1) Sting is mentioned on WWE Legends wave 3 Vader’s cardback. Since Sting was part of WCW and well, fans can’t help but want a Sting figure made the Mattel way, is there any hope for a Legends Sting figure from that era, or is he off limits?
A) We would love to do a Sting figure some day but for now he is off limits to Mattel.
2) With the 10th Anniversary of the 2002 MOTU show on the way, is that an ample year for MOTUC to include fully articulated versions of the 2002 designs? It would also be great if we could get fully articulated figures of characters that previously ended up only available as “Stactions”.
A) While that is certainly true, we have no plans to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the 2002 series as that line and look is retired right now. We will however be celebrating the 30th anniversary of the brand in 2012 with plans to be announced at SDCC!
3) Are you open to producing accessory packs for other lines aside from MOTUC? For example, DCUC with Lantern constructs, weapons for Robin, Deathstroke, et al/Tables, chairs, ladders, trash cans, masks, weapons, et al, for the WWE line(s)
A) While we are open to something like this, there are just not as many good redeco opportunities with the DCU and WWE lines for this type of execution. Both of these lines are licensed lines so we do not have as much creative freedom as we do with a line Mattel controls like MOTU.
4) Are the 4H limited to working on 6″+ lines for you, or are they able to work on your 3-3/4″ lines too?
A)They are certainly capable of working on 3 Â¾-inch lines, but right now we have them pretty maxed out with our 6-inch DCU and MOTUC lines as far as work load.
5) We’ve seen homages to the Super Powers line in DCUC; will we see more homages, perhaps to other popular series such as Justice League Unlimited, Superman, and Batman The Animated Series in the DCUC line?
A) Certainly possible! We did do Batman Beyond in the DCUC line in Wave 4, but nothing to announce right now.
Don’t forget to post your questions in our MattyCollector Questions Thread!