The folks at Mattel have given us the answers to the questions sent on December 1st for the MattyCollector Q&A!
1) Is there a chance Mattel will make the ‘Super Powers’ logo figure stands available for purchase on the web site? I would love to have a bunch for my DCU update figures.
A) This is something we are looking into, and now that we have sold out of the standard waves we would love to find a way to issue these.
2) The DC Superheroes Mr. Freeze figure is arguably one of the best figures from the DCSH line. Is it beyond the realm of possibility to see this figure repainted for the DC Universe Classics line(maybe in a Super Powers inspired deco)? It is a great figure that most newer fans missed out on.
A) We do have plans to reissue this figure in time. As to what deco, that remains to be seen!
3) Is the WWE design team limited to just working on WWE figures, or are they allowed to work on other Mattel properties, such as DC Infinite Heroes, Avatar, et al? They have done an excellent job on the WWE line
A)Thanks! We are indeed very proud of this line. It is not a matter of the team “being allowed to work on other lines” in as much as WWE is a full time gig. Each brand is in fact a full time job and has its own dedicated team of designers packaging designers and marketing reps. Although we do switch things up now and then.
4) The ads for wave 3 of WWE Legends showed Vader with a red mask, whereas the final production version has the black mask. Why was the color changed?
A) This was a request from WWE to make this change. Editor’s note: This editor recently purchased this figure and Vader comes with both masks!
5) The majestic Goldust in the WWE line has a plastic robe, which arguably reduces his majesticness. Was a cloth robe more expensive to include? We would have preferred to see the majestic one with a cloth robe, and possibly his chair that Ultimate Warrior sat in when Goldust ran away during the Intercontinental Champhionship.
A) Yes. Soft goods is a lot more expensive and sometimes cost issues require a plastic cape or robe be used.
Thanks for submitting your questions this year, don’t forget to post your questions for the MattyCollector Q&A in our dedicated thread!