Thanks to Toyark boards member Razerwire for posting images of his recently acquired DX VF-27 Lucifer from Macross Frontier! Like the VF-25 Messiah, the VF-27 Lucifer was derived from the YF-24 prototype, however it surpasses the Messiah in some ways and proved to be quite the opponent in the series.
Flown by Brera Sterne, this purple VF-27 also comes with Ranka Lee, both of which are removable from the cockpit, an improvement over the DX VF-25. The DX VF-27 also features other improvements over the DX VF-25, including:
- Thigh swivels for a more dynamic gerwalk mode
- Improved arm articulation
- Integrated gunpod attachment clip
- Longer, more accurate and detailed landing gear
- Able to store gunpod in fighter mode with landing gear down, something that the DX VF-25G could not do