Boba Fatt over at Rebelscum submitted the following report from UK Toy Fair 2010, currently going on right now. The report focuses on the 2010 Star Wars line:
– The basic figures are not the only ones getting an AT-AT this year…there is also one coming for the Galactic Heroes scale, complete with a driver and a speeder bike. In addition, there will also be a Jango Fett version of the Slave I.
– The Deluxe Vehicle line continues with a NEW speeder bike ridden by a Mandalorian, and Anakin on a new vehicle that is similar in design to a Naboo Cruiser.
– The card game/figure stand concept was on display, but no new figures were shown, except for what looks like an updated new General Veers…thought to be included with the BAT-AT.
– There are some big Force Battlers-type toys with electronics, including Anakin Skywalker. A Captain Rex prototype hit the internet earlier this month.
– “Mini-Rip Speeders” (may not be the official name) small vehicles with launchers, a race track, and an Octuptarra Droid playset. Looks to be a pretty big line, with lots of cool ships.
– Boba Fett Blaster Rifle. Goes along with the Voice Changer helmet, and is very nice. A little scaled down, but still a bit longer than the regular Clone Trooper / General Grievous droid guns. Lime green an brown deco with a Bantha Skull in black-ish on the stock.
Mandalorians were hinted at in the box for Clone Wars season 1. With a Mandalorian now rumored to be in the toyline with the deluxe vehicle and figure sets, could their presence onscreen go beyond just cameos? Could more Mandalorians aside the popular Fetts make an appearance?
The Mandalorians are a popular warrior race in Star Wars lore, and played a vital part in Knights of The Old Republic(KOTOR). With Bastila debuting in the line later this year, could figures such as Mandalore and others follow?